27 October 2020 (Tuesday) - Not on a Late Shift

I was sleeping like a log when the most enormous crash woke me. Pogo had fallen off the bed. I’m surprised he didn’t go through the floor judging by the noise he made as he hit it.

I lay awake for a while, then gave up trying to sleep and got up. Over a bowl of granola I watched an episode of “The Job Lot” then tuned in to the Internet to see if much had happened overnight.

 

There was quite a bit of sadness being shown on many of the fishing-related Facebook pages as today saw the release of the last-ever edition of the ”Angler’s Mail”; a weekly magazine featuring articles about all sorts of fishing. A lot of people were sad to see it go, but seeing how not one of them had actually read the thing in years is it surprising that it is packing up?

I deployed a Munzee into the Christmas garden that is being prepared near Sevenoaks, and checked my emails. Someone had a hunt for Tupperware in Challock a couple of days ago and said nice things about my Kings Wood Munzees, and he also liked the Wherigo series I hid in the area. “We were really enjoying the walk and have never done a Wherigo quite like this before”… I think that was the reaction I have been hoping for.

I also had an email from Amazon who have been reviewing that which I've bought from them recently. They felt I might like to buy Doctor Who DVDs that had been dubbed into German?

 

With "er indoors TM" and all the hounds still asleep I set off to work through a rather overcast wet morning. As I drove the pundits on the radio were interviewing some religious-type who was wittering on about how both President Trump and his opponent in the upcoming election have tried to seize the religious high ground, and somehow have both succeeded. There was some amazingly convoluted reason as to why this is possible; it was something to do with religion being all things to all people, and it can be whatever you want it to be. Strange stuff, religion.

There was also an interview with the head honcho of the Royal College of Surgeons who was calling for all COVID-19 positive patients to be put into certain hospitals, and all COVID-19 negative patients to be put into others. Whilst this is an eminently sensible idea I'm sure there are laws against this sort of segregation. In a not utterly different way, when I was a cub scout leader we got told off for sticking all the bed-wetters in the same tent.

 

Work was work. Not one of the better days, but looking back over forty years certainly not one of the worse ones either. But I was still glad when home time came round. And once home I cornered my furriest little girl.

I spent a few minutes last night squeezing a rather purulent zit on Treacle’s belly. The soppy little girl didn’t seem at all bothered by what I was doing, even though I was giving it some stick. This evening her tum looked fine for which I was pleased.

I then spent a few minutes writing up a case study about leishmaniasis; a particularly nasty disease which is spread by some dogs (NOT mine!!!)

.

Hopefully "er indoors TM" will boil up some dinner in a bit. Bake Off is on soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment