20 October 2020 (Tuesday) - A New Friend (?)

This morning I slept through till quarter past four. That was a result. I would have slept longer had Treacle not been crying. She wanted to come up on to the bed but wanted to be picked up; she didn’t want to jump. She rarely wants to jump up – I think she is frightened of landing on a sleeping Pogo.

I lay awake for a while, then gave up trying to sleep. I came downstairs and chased Sid round the garden in the forlorn hope that he might “do” something out there. He didn’t.

 

I watched an episode of “The Job Lot” then sparked up my lap-top. “Le On (mistress kattie)” had sent me a friend request on Facebook. He, she or it claims to be looking for “an obedient, honest loyal and understanding male slave submissive to be my property to own.” If any of my loyal readers can do as they are told and are up for a portion I’ll pass on your details. I don’t think my back is quite up for a chest of that calibre.

I posted something to that effect on my Facebook page this morning; I've posted things like this before. I expect that once again I will be told that this post breaches Facebook's standards whilst “Le On (mistress kattie)” continues to brandish her wazzo jubblies to the world.

There wasn’t much else on the Internet to compare with “Le On (mistress kattie)”’s chest, so I got myself ready for work.

 

As I drove to work there was a lot of talk about the total collapse of the Brexit negotiations. I was going to sarcastically write "as if no one saw this coming" but unfortunately it is quite plain that not that many people *did* see this one coming.

There was also a lot of talk about lock-downs in Wales and Ireland to try to halt the spread of the corona virus. A lock-down is needed to stop the virus, but as we've seen before the virus comes back when the lock-down is eased. And as endless politicians keep pointing out, the economy is far more important (to those who make the decisions) than the nation's health. We really need to have a completely different economic system in which people don't have to decide between being unable to afford to live or spreading a killer virus.

There was a little bit of chat about today being World Statistics Day, and there was a rather basic lecture presented on just exactly what statistics are, and how you *can't* prove anything with statistics.

There was also talk about NASA's plan to capture a lump of an asteroid. You would have thought that this might have captured the public's interest, wouldn't you.

 

I stopped off at Tesco where I got some bits and bobs. Despite being hermetically sealed away behind plastic barriers, the till staff were all still wearing disease-spreading gloves. And then it was on to a rather busy day at work complicated somewhat by the vagaries of the Kidd blood group system.

 

I came home, and "er indoors TM" boiled up a particularly good bit of dinner which we washed down with a bottle of plonk whilst watching “Bake-Off”. And with dinner scoffed we had some cheese. "er indoors TM" got her roule to herself; I had to share my blue brie with four dogs. It is odd how they know who will give them cheese and who won’t…

No comments:

Post a Comment