25 October 2020 (Sunday) - Rain, Lego, Dinner

What with the clocks going back I got to sleep for nearly nine hours. This “clocks going back” thing is a load of rubbish, isn’t it? Officially it is called “daylight saving”. I looked it all up on-line. All the reasons for it seem rather nonsensical. Moving the clocks about doesn’t actually save anything, does it? All it does is move the hours of daylight from the evening to the morning. Personally I’d rather have the lighter evenings. Quite a few people were saying the same on Facebook this morning.

There were also quite a few posts on Facebook from local businesses all of whom were offering free meals for schoolchildren since the government won’t. On the one hand this is a good thing. On the other hand, having the general public randomly sorting out that which central government should be doing rather makes the entire concept of a government somewhat redundant, doesn’t it?

I did chuckle when I checked my emails. My Microsoft Outlook had decided that an official email from Microsoft was spam and had stuck it in the “junk” folder.

 

The plan for the morning had been a very quick walk round Tenterden, but the rain was rather against that. And as is always the way when it rains, the dogs refused to go out through the back door into the back garden (because of the rain) but still wanted to go out of the front door for a walk. We had a very quick round-the-block and all got rather damp. It was as well we didn’t have our usual weekend walktoday – the weather was terrible.

 

I then spent a little while fiddling with my Lego town. I’ve re-vamped the right-hand end to incorporate Darth Vader’s riding school and moved the pond-side house a bit. There’s a video of what I’ve done here.

There’s still quite a bit to do with it. The double-decker bus needs passengers, there’s three houses I don’t like and may re-build or replace, and I’d like to add lights to the train. Adding lights is easy enough… getting leccie to the lights isn’t. I’ve found some Lego leccie plugs which I’ve ordered from Italy, but they don’t come with any cable. I shall try B&Q when I get a minute.

 

With "er indoors TM" delivering a telly to "Daddy’s Little Angel TM" I pootled on the Internet for a bit watching all sorts of stuff on You-Tube. And with telly delivered we went round to "My Boy TM" where Cheryl had boiled up a very good bit of dinner. I scoffed far too much, then we watched David Attenborough and Blue Planet II.

It would have been good to have stayed longer, but clocks having gone back had made for hungry dogs. We came home and with dogs having scoffed we watched “Taskmaster”.

 

Having done very little other than playing Lego and eating today, for some odd reason I’m worn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment