28 October 2020 (Wednesday) - Rather Dull

For some reason I woke feeling like death warmed up. I hoped I might chirp up over brekkie, but Sid just whinged at me constantly as I scoffed granola and tried to watch an episode of “The Job Lot”.

With telly watched I wasted ten minutes trying to add to the Christmas Munzee garden that several of us Munzers are trying to create in Knowle Park. What could have been a ten-second job took an age; why is IT never straight-forward?

I then peered into Facebook. I am still on a warning for highlighting breaches of their community standards, but those breaches continue to abound. And with no emails of note I sent out birthday wishes and set off work-wards

 

As I drove to work there was a lot of talk of coronageddon on the radio. There were all sorts of people being wheeled on who were insisting that the Prime Minister should change the COVID-19 restrictions at Christmas time. Some professor or other was saying that (by the strict letter of the law) many older people were now having to choose between physical and mental health. Should they avoid the virus or avoid their family?

But as the various discussions, reasonings and ranting went on it became very apparent that this was the minority viewpoint. Most of the (so-called) experts being interviewed were very much of the opinion that (what with the law having changed so often and so quickly) it is possible to make a case that you haven't got a clue what is going on, and many are doing so when challenged. Apparently most people now see the laws about how many people can meet and where they can meet (the rule of six and other such rules) as being vague confused suggestions at best, and not in any way binding. It was suggested by several of those on the radio this morning that the general public are going to have their usual Christmas this year regardless of anything that the Prime Minister might say.

Isn't this what's wrong with the country right now? The laws of the land are being seen as something that we can obey or not (depending on our whim), and then we can act surprised (with a clear conscience) when the pandemic surges back with a third wave in the New Year.

 

I got to the works car park, and (in a spirit of anarchy) walked round the neighborhood sticking bar-codes onto lamp posts as I went before getting on with my daily round. My daily round was a rather busy one today; I was glad when home time came round.

Pausing only briefly in Marks and Spencer (where the staff were all using face coverings as neck warmers) I came home, and "er indoors TM" then slipped out to walk round the neighborhood sticking bar-codes onto lamp posts as she went. I’ve taken to walking round another neighborhood when I stick my bar-codes to lamp posts; perhaps I’m being petty but there are those locally who are taking advantage of my good nature (if you can call sticking bar-codes onto lamp posts being good-natured).

Hopefully"er indoors TM" will boil up some dinner soon.

 

Today was incredibly dull…

No comments:

Post a Comment