5 August 2020 (Wednesday) - Before the Night Shift




I slept all night long, but woke feeling as tired as when I went to bed. Over brekkie I peered into the Internet. Earlier in the week one of the old faces on the local geocaching scene had his Facebook account hacked, the hackers used his account to tell a sob story and ask for money, and several people unfortunately were tricked out of quite a bit of cash. This morning the conversation thread on the matter was still going strong with over thirty people talking about what we could do. I saw that a few people had removed themselves from the message thread; I’m not sure of the etiquette here. Is that rude?
But what can you do about these scams? I am one hundred per cent convinced that finding these scammers and physically hurting them would achieve far more than “going through the proper channels” ever would, but these cowards are probably hundreds (if not thousands) of miles away.

I had a look at my emails – a few dozen more “Found It” logs on geocaches that I’ve hidden over the last few months. People certainly seem to be enjoying what I’ve done.


We got the dogs leaded up and took them down to Orlestone Woods for an early morning walk. There were a few people about this morning. Not many, but far more than usual. And there were three joggers as well. Three! I don’t think I’ve seen joggers down there before.

 

With walk walked we came home. I hung out the washing I’d set going before we went out, and put more in to scrub, then ran out the hose pipe to top up the fish pond. The recent hot spell had lowered the water lever impressively. I gave the car a quick valeting (in readiness for tomorrow’s service). As I was hoovering it out I got chatting with a passing normal person. He warned me about the dentist down the road (the one I go to). He assured me that the dentistry is fine, but the organisation there is piss-poor. I had to agree with him; I’m still waiting to hear about the appointment that they said they would tell me about by last Friday.

I hung out more washing then pootled in the garden for a bit. Harvesting dog turds, mowing the lawn, cutting back not-so-nice-next-door’s jungle… after a couple of hours it was just too hot to continue. I sat on the sofa and geo-jigsaw-ed for a while.

 

After a spot of lunch I took myself off to bed for the afternoon. After a couple of hours I woke to find Pogo and Fudge had come upstairs with me. I wish I could sleep more in the afternoons, but a couple of hours was my limit. I geo-jigsaw-ed some more; after seven- and three-quarter hours (in total) I got to the stage of having all the sky done.

"er indoors TM" boiled up some tea, and I then planned a little Munzee-resusitation mission for the evening on my way to the night shift….

No comments:

Post a Comment