10 August 2020 (Monday) - Cake

 

 

I was wide awake at silly o'clock this morning. It had been a hot night, and the sound of a dog sucking and slurping on the duvet wasn't conducive to sleep.

Over a bowl of granola I watched some utter drivel on the History Channel in which it was claimed that it stood to reason that aliens built Stonehenge since why would anyone else bother with all the farting around that had obviously gone into building it. I would have thought that aliens would have had better things to do with their time, but what do I know?

 

Finding myself awake far too early I went for a little Munzee-mission. Looking at the map I found a load of old ones not too far from work that I could resuscitate for the current clan war, so I set off up the motorway. As I drove the pundits on the radio were talking about how schools are looking set to open next month as there is no evidence that COVID-19 spreads in schools. It spreads pretty much everywhere else, but not in schools. Apparently. The government half-wit being interviewed on the matter insisted that there was evidence to support this theory. Well... Of course there is. COVID-19 hasn't spread in schools because they have all been closed for months. Dur!

There was also an interview with some French politician who was questioned about why the French aren't doing more to stop all the migrants from crossing the channel at the moment. As the chap said, what's in it for the French to do so? There is a problem leaving France; the French are glad to see the back of it.

 

I got to Maidstone and started Munzing. I wanted to get fourteen of the things this morning; I got ten. I could see where the others I needed were, but the reason that no one had Munzed them for three years was that a seriously bramble-ridden thicket had grown up in front of them the meantime.

I gave up and went to work.

Work was good; we had cake in honour of Eid-al-Mubahala. I must admit I had no idea what it was until I got cake for it today. I looked it up on Wikipedia.

 

As I worked so "er indoors TM" kept me updated with progress in the garden. Regular readers of this drivel may recall that over the last few years at various time I have enlisted help to bodge my ailing garden fence. But fixing the rotten fence posts is hard work, and the fence is now at the stage where we’ve half a dozen (or more) posts which aren’t at all lined up, or level. I’ve spent a small fortune to have a nice man (and his assistant) put in a new fence, and work started today. I would put up a photo, but so far there isn’t much to see; today was mostly groundwork.

 

"er indoors TM" boiled up a rather good bit of dinner which we scoffed whilst watching more “Taskmaster”. I think I shall have an early night if only to get as much sleep as I can before everyone else comes up making noise…

 

No comments:

Post a Comment