9 August 2020 (Sunday) - After the Night Shift

 

I did have a vague idea to go on something of a Munzee mission on the way home from the night shift, but I decided against it.

As I drove home so the pundits on the radio were talking about how the French (and consequently the European Union) want the UK to pay toward stopping the illegal immigrants  crossing the channel. The only surprise here is that anyone would be so stupid as to expect the EU to stop them for free. Why should the EU stop them at all? Letting them cross the channel solves a problem for the EU; am I the only one who sees this and isn’t surprised?

As I came home it was overcast and there was a drizzle. Had I been wrong to cancel our walk for today?

 

We got home, and took the dogs for a quick walk round Orlestone. It was noticeably cooler than yesterday, but by the time our walk was over the mist had burned off. We got back to the car at about the time we would have started a serious walk and it was too hot to continue by then.

 

Once home "er indoors TM" took "Daddy’s Little Angel TM" and "Stormageddon - Bringer of Destruction TM" to the goat sanctuary. I would have liked to have gone, but it was too hot and I’d been up all night. I went to bed, and slept through till mid-afternoon.

Over a very late brekkie I peered into the Internet to see that pretty much nothing at all had happened. I sent out some birthday wishes and thought about going back to bed. The bedroom was cool; the living room like an oven. Instead I went out into the garden and read my Kindle and drank wheat beer until the swarming hordes came home. It was a shame that a wasp had to sting my finger.

Pausing only briefly to push Treacle into the pond, "Stormageddon - Bringer of Destruction TM" announced that he had renamed one of the Koi “poo-poo-bum”, and told me that I was an “old grit”.

 

"Daddy’s Little Angel TM" boiled up fajitas for dinner, and with dinner scoffed we started the seemingly endless ritual of getting the family bathed. I wasn’t daft; I’d got in before dinner.

 

I hope this heatwave breaks soon…

 

No comments:

Post a Comment