16 August 2020 (Sunday) - Milton Lilbourne

 

Despite having forgotten to bring my CPAP machine along, I slept reasonably well. It was a shame I had to have quite such a vivid dream about a vicar friend of mine who wanted me to buy him a minibus, but there it was. I can’t help but wonder what provoked that nightmare.

 

I got up, and being on holiday I used carbolic soap for my morning wash; I *love* the smell of that stuff. I then spent an entertaining few minutes watching Charlotte fussing Fudge, and Treacle marching round with a succession of shoes and socks and all sorts of things that she had stolen.

I made a cuppa, and explored the garden. I found the proper poop scoop which… let’s just say it failed miserably and draw a veil over the thing. Suffice it to way I found a little shovel which will tidy up after the dogs.

 

After a while everyone was up; we scoffed a bow of cereals, and set off to Milton Lilbourne (the villages round here have rather good names) from where we went for a rather good walk. As we walked we saw birds of prey and deer and rather wonderful views. There was quite a bit of “up”, but it was worth it for the view from the top. And it was a result that I found the dead bird before the dogs did.  

As we walked we found a pub, and with herculean self-control we walked past it. Bearing in mind that one pint leads to two (and usually three), and also bearing in mind that rain was forecast for later we thought it best to crack on. And we were right to do so; the rain started about three minutes before we got back to the cars. Had we stopped for a pint…

 

We came back to base where I had a shower and a cuppa, and then a rather relaxed afternoon. The forecast rain came to nothing, and we spent a rather pleasant afternoon pootling in the garden playing “fetch” with windfall apples and watching Fudge digging out the rabbit holes.

Dinner was particularly good, and as the evening wore on, it all got rather vague,

I took a few photos of the day

 

No comments:

Post a Comment