25 February 2020 (Tuesday) - Bit Dull Really



I spent much of the night convinced I could hear the dogs barking when they weren’t. Perhaps next door’s dogs were shouting? Perhaps I was dreaming?
Over toast I watched another episode of “Titans” then had a look at the Internet. Admittedly I was up rather early, but pretty much nothing at all had happened overnight on social media.

As I walked down the road to find where I'd left my car so my piss boiled. In the distance I could see there was some silly cow standing at the bus stop shrieking into her mobile phone. I heard her before I saw her. As I approached I realised I shouldn’t just stew about it, so I told her that she didn't need to scream into the phone. That confused her and she stared at me blankly. I repeated: she didn't need to scream into the phone because whoever was at the other end of the line could hear her perfectly. I also reminded her that it was six o'clock in the morning and a lot of people nearby were sleeping. All of this came as a revelation to her; she apologised (I was amazed at that) and she carried on her conversation at a near-whisper.

I got to my car and was then tail-ended all the way to Matalan (a journey of a couple of miles) by a van, the company of which has received a rather pointed email this morning. As I've said before, if you are going to drive like an idiot, it is best done anonymously.
As I drove up the motorway the pundits on the radio were talking about a supposed outbreak of corona virus in Iran. The World Health Organisation are sending a team to assist, but apparently religious leaders there have taken umbrage at the suggestion that the virus might be passed around in crowds at religious centres. Presumably God will get involved to dish out vaccinations?

I got to work, deployed a Munzee, and wasted ten minutes trying to photograph a rather beautiful sunrise (my phone camera wasn't up to it) and a pair of squirrels (who wouldn't keep still).
As I worked I couldn't help but look out of the window at a glorious morning. I did sulk a little as it was so lovely. A group of colleagues decided it was such a bright day that they went for a five-mile run at lunch time. Ten minutes after they started so the heavens opened with perhaps the most impressive downpour I've seen for some time. Torrential rain with some sleet as well.  Ironically the downpour stopped as quickly as it started just as they arrived back at work at the end of their run.
I didn't laugh *that* much.

I came home and walked the dogs round the block then set a load of laundry scrubbing (as I do) and watched another couple of episodes of “Titans” before doing some CPD.
CPD is rather dull… Rather like today was.

No comments:

Post a Comment