28 February 2020 (Friday) - Rostered Day Off


I slept like a log. Over brekkie I had a look at the Internet. I read on Facebook that Geo-HQ are trialling a new idea. It’s only happening in two US states at the moment, but the idea is that anyone who has stuck a film pot under a rock but then hasn’t done any geocaching for five (or more) years gets a message. Are they still keen on the noble and ancient art of sticking film pots under rocks? If so, all is fine. If not, then Geo-HQ will clear the old ones off of the map. Not only does this get shot of the rather manky nasty smelly crappy geocaches (and the ones that have been missing for years) that give the hobby a bad name, it also clears up space for more geocaches.

The weather forecast said there was a ninety-two per cent chance of rain this morning. But seeing that it wasn’t raining I took the dogs up to Kings Wood anyway. There was a minor hiccup in that just as we were arriving a dozen deer ran across the road. I hadn’t noticed until the dogs all kicked off, and by then it was too late to brandish the camera.
We had a good walk. We met other dogs and played nicely (there are no “precious princesses” in Kings Wood). We did get a bit muddy, but that is only to be expected. We walked our usual circuit of the top end, but in reverse and used the Munzess I put out recently to guide our way.
The rain held off until we were only fifty yards from the car.

We came home; I washed the mud off of the dogs. For all that the nation is crapping its collective pants about the negligible concerns of corona virus, Alabama rot is a much more serious and pressing concern to me.
With mud hosed off I had a look at the monthly accounts. Bearing in mind we’ve had a holiday away and an MOT failure, I’m far better off than I thought I might be. Not rolling in money, but I could be a whole lot worse off than I am.

No day off work is complete without a major session of ironing. I ironed for a couple of hours whilst watching “The Bounty” on Netflix. A favourite film of mine; I’m sure Netflix have edited it somewhat as I’m sure there were some scenes missing. Mind you that’ not a bad thing as that film does go on a bit.
I then put my birthday pressie together. "er indoors TM" had bought me the 1976 Lego Renault model which I’ve been after for some time.
You can see a stop-motion video of the construction by clicking here. The video is a tad jerky; I need to work on rigging up the camera somehow.

"er indoors TM" came home; we settled the dogs and went round to the Riverside Inn where we had a rather good catch-up with friends. It was good to catch up, but we could do it cheaper at home where it would be a lot less noisy too…

No comments:

Post a Comment