11 February 2020 (Tuesday) - Cheese (?) Scone


I was sleeping like the proverbial log in the small hours when "er indoors TM" opened a can of whoop-ass on Pogo. She really told him off demanding that he settle down and be quiet. Odd really as he was snuggled up with me and was snoring at the time.
I shared toast crusts with Fudge as I watched another episode of “Schitt’s Creek” then peered into the Internet. There was a minor squabble kicking off on one of the geocaching pages on Facebook. Someone was posting on the page about the most high-tech aspect of the game. This chap wanted to take part but flatly refused to get a Smartphone to allow him to do so. When it was hinted that this fellow might like to join the rest of us in the twenty-first century, no end of other luddites crawled out of the woodwork.
It never fails to amaze me how such a high-tech hobby continues to attract those who want to play the game with prehistoric maps and compasses.

As I drove to work the pundits on the radio were banging on about what a total waste of money the HS2 rail link will be. Will it be? I can't help but feel that the rest of the world had had high speed rail links for years. I also can't help but feel that no matter what the subject, there is always someone ready to grumble about it. I quite like the high-speed link from Ashford to London; it saves endless farting about on a slow train. Mind you it also incurs endless farting about on the underground trying to get where you want to go (because the fast train only goes to St Pancras and who wants to go there?), but you can't have everything...

There was also talk about teachers' pay, Yesterday those on the radio were talking about how the country is short of some thirty thousand teachers. Today there were calls not to pay teachers during the school holidays.
That will solve the shortage of teachers, won't it?

Finding myself at work rather earlier than usual (so as to get one of the precious few parking spaces) I went for a little walk around the paths and avenues near work. I've never explored there before; I found no end of places to stick Munzees, and one or two places to hide a geocache as well.

I went into work and having heard wonderful things about the home-made fruit scones in the works canteen I got myself one, and was rather disappointed to find it wasn't a fruit scone, but a cheese and bacon one. I'm claiming that this was an easy mistake to make...

Once the dogs were walked round the block this evening "er indoors TM" boiled up a rather good bit of dinner. We washed it down with a bottle of plonk whist watching last Friday’s episode of “Star Trek: Picard”.
I expect I shall have a headache tomorrow…

No comments:

Post a Comment