13 February 2014 (Thursday) - Cake !!!

Another relatively early start; another start too early for my dog who again missed out on my toast because he was asleep.

I popped into Asda on my way to work to get some cakes. It's been a while since I took cakes in to work, and cakes are always good.
I'd left for work a little earlier than usual, and it was as well that I had done so. The roads were very congested this morning; the sudden appearence of a sink hole in the M2 motorway had lead to a lot of traffic being diverted and consequently getting in my way. The traffic was queued back about a mile or so out of Canterbury this morning; so I took a rather scenic route in via the back lanes. I was amazed that no one else had done so.

There was an interesting article on the radio about the weather. Looking beyond the current constant rain the last few years have seen record breaking weather. Hottest, coldest, driest, wettest.
The pundits were asking if this is evidence of global warming in action. Ex-Chancellor of the Exchequer Nigel Lawson was on the radio this morning. An eminent meteorologist was discussing the matter, and every time he quoted a fact or a figure, Nigel Lawson blithely dismissed it as speculation. Things which had been accurately and repeatedly measured were pooh-poohed time and again. It must be wonderful to be an eminent politician and get away with burying your head in the sand.

And so to work. Once my bit was done I came home again. Apart from the cakes, today was reallly dull...


No comments:

Post a Comment