27 July 2026 (Monday) - A Day Off

With no alarm set, apart from a trip to the loo at five o’clock I slept for eight hours.
I hung out the washing that I’d put in to scrub at five o’clock, made toast and had a look at the Internet as I do. I was presented with a *lot* of photos of royal pythons this morning. For all that those who’ve never been within a hundred yards of one will shriek, they are sweet little things. I’d get another if not for the dogs. Bailey would certainly kill it.
And my cousin was complaining about seagulls. She lives on the coast. We have much the same issues (including a seagull nest on the roof) but the closest bit of sea to here is ten miles away.
There was a minor squabble on the Facebook page of “The Good Food Hunter UK”. The “UK” bit always makes me chuckle as from what I can see the fellow’s not hunted anything more than fifteen miles from Hastings. Like with most reviewers, those to whom he doesn’t give glowing reviews take offence, and it was all getting a bit personal.
And Bill Oddie had died. Everyone remembers his wildlife programs and “The Goodies”. Am I the only one who remembers “The Saturday Banana”?
I Wordled. I didn’t get the answer yesterday and so broke a Wordling streak of one hundred and eighty days of getting it right. Starting with “eight” I got it on the fifth attempt this morning with “poser”. I wonder how long this streak will last before I don’t get it right again.
I Munzed, and took the dogs out.
 
We went up to Kings Wood where we walked our usual circuit. I saw deer, but they were too quick to be photographed. The fairy doors were back (a rather sweet little touch) as were the hornet traps (not quite so sweet). And there had been a fire. The tumulus was covered in ashes and cinders. What sort of half-wit sets light to a scheduled ancient monument?
As we walked we had some messages from “Daddies’ Little Angel TM who was not happy. She’d been walking Pogo and some random passers by asked when Pogo’s pups were due. She had to explain that he wasn’t pregnant; just fat.
 
We came home where I made us a cuppa. We’d had strawberries and cream yesterday and I used the last of the cream in my coffee. Very nice. I wrote up some CPD. Dull, but needs writing up. One day I will be called up to have my continuing professional development audited. In the past I’ve seen people having absolute panic attacks when trying to produce evidence of what they’ve learned over the last two years. My CPD mightn’t be very good, but I’ve done it.
I did a YouGov survey. If you do enough of them they give you money.
And I downloaded an app. I’m not sure if WeRoam is going to be much good, but time will tell.
 
I got the washing in, then cleaned out the pond filter. With the pressure filters it’s such an easier job than it used to be. One of the older ladies at Dog Club has inherited her (now passed on) husband’s koi pond and at the weekend her box filters (the sort we used to have) overflowed and she woke up to a three-quarters-empty pond. I don’t miss those old box filters.
I played Meowdoku – I’m currently the country’s number one Meowdoku-er. Go me!!
I read my Kindle for a bit and got the Kindle Bookworm award. Go me!!
We did “FEED THE FISH” and used up the last of the fish food, so I had a little look on Amazon. It certainly pays to shop about. Fifteen litres of the brand of fish food we get costs a shade over seventeen quid. Forty litres of the exact same stuff is just under twenty-one quid. That’s two hundred and sixty per cent more fish food for only twenty per cent more money. I’m just hacked off that it took me so long to realise this.
 
“er indoors TM boiled up pizza and chips and went bowling. I settled down with sleeping dogs and watched an episode of “Stranger Things”.
Again – I’ve had a day off and I’m worn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment