I had something of a restless night. I got up at half
past four, and so did Treacle who seemed rather out of sorts. She had a stomp
round the garden, did her thing, then went back to bed.
She’s been a but iffy for the last week or so. Am I
being paranoid, or is she losing weight?
I made toast and watched an episode of “Stranger
Things”. When the show ended and I turned off Netflix there was one of
those ten minute long adverts playing for a pressure washer. That was a waste
of some company’s money; who’s going to buy a pressure washer during a hosepipe
ban?
I had a look at Facebook which reminded me that it
would have been Terry’s birthday today. Terry was a good friend. Because of his
work (for the Foreign Office) and him living fifty miles away we didn’t
meet up that often, but when we did the time was rather special. I miss him.
I Munzed and got ready for work. As I drove off so the
pundits on the radio were starting the "Farming Today"
program. I often listen to that on a Sunday morning on my way to work for the
simple reason that there is nothing else on. I won't say that it is rubbish;
I'm sure there are some people who go into raptures of delight at the thought
of it. But for me, if I were to type "something dull" into
Google I'm sure that Radio Four's "Farming Today" would be in
the top three suggestions.
I put my Adrian Mole MP3s on and drove up a
surprisingly busy M20. There were a lot of cars there at seven o'clock on a
Sunday morning. Some chap heading coastbound was driving far too fast in the
dual carriageway bit and flashing his headlights like a thing possessed. What
was that all about?
I got to work and cracked on. I can't really complain
about working at the weekends. It is part of hospital work. Hospitals never
close and so we work round the clock. But this was my fourth consecutive
Sunday. However as I always say I don't mind working at the weekends when
the weather is iffy. Yesterday had been glorious. Today was overcast with
drizzle. There's no denying that the garden needed it, and I'd rather be
sulking at work when it is damp rather than sulking at home.
I did my bit, and came home listening to more Adrian
Mole MP3s.
Once home I found that it hadn’t rained in Ashford.
I sat on the sofa with the dogs… and woke two hours
later. I didn’t realise I was that tired.
“er indoors TM” boiled
up a very good bit of dinner. She does that. As we scoffed we watched episodes
of “Upstart Crow”
which I am reliably informed is a comedy.
One lives and learns.
Yesterday was full-on and non-stop. Today has been on
the dull side… I spent much of it remembering little episodes with my old
mucker…

No comments:
Post a Comment