25 July 2026 (Saturday) - Rather Busy

As I scoffed toast I looked at the Internet as I do. Someone had posted a photo to one of the Facebook groups that I follow. A picture of a large cat (a caracal or something like that) which they’d seen in Surrey. Or so they claimed. The original photo was forwarded to one of the group experts who looked at the geo-tagging in the photo and immediately saw that the original photo had been taken in Africa.
Oh dear…
And there was a *lot* of talk about last Thursday’s episode of “Star Trek: Strange New Worlds”. There were quite the arguments raging on the Facebook pages… The trouble with any sort of prequel series is that you already know that certain characters aren’t going to be killed off, don’t you? No? Well you would if you’d seen the show on which it was based. And if you hadn’t you really shouldn’t be picking a squabble with people who had. Shouldn’t you?
I Munzed, Wordled from “group” to “aloha” in five goes. “Aloha” – seriously? As I fiddled about so Steve wasn’t on the radio. His stand-in wasn’t the same.
 
We took the dogs to Repton and Dog Club. I tried to count; I think we had eighteen dogs along. Some were being quite “frisky”. It was a shame that Morgan was being a bit confrontational; there’s one big dog who is rather timid, and Morgan can’t resist trying to pick on him.
 
From Dog Club we drove to Rye Harbour. “er indoors TM had arranged a jigsaw trade with someone there, and whilst we were in the area we thought we might walk the dogs round the nature reserve. I had this vague plan that we might see seals. We didn’t. But we had a good wander round. There was a series of geocaching Adventure Lab caches round the reserve which gave us a route for our walk. It was a good walk. We came back to the car through the caravan site. I always think I’d like a caravan on a site… but I doubt I’d ever use it if I got one.
 
We came home. Treacle had a bath as she’s been trusted to be allowed off of the lead and had gone in some manky water whilst we’d been out.
We then had a rather good afternoon in the garden. Some cheese and pickles, Meowdoku, crossword puzzles, a couple of beers and a little sleep. The dogs had chicken ice poles – a while ago we boiled up some chicken fillets and froze the water. They yummed them up.
 
We came in, and got the Infinity Table out and played “Ticket to Ride” on the UK, Asia, Switzerland and Europe maps. I won one game, so I saw that as something of a result.
I took a few photos today. Today was rather busy. I’m going to work tomorrow… my intention is for something of a rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment