9 October 2024 (Wednesday) - Bit Dull

Again I found myself wide awake far too early in the morning so I got up, made toast and watched more telly. You can't beat a bit of "Brideshead Revisited”.  I do like that show. What with this and my love for Upstairs Downstairs and Downton Abbey I suspect I have nostalgia for an era that never actually happened.
As I watched telly so “er indoors TM came downstairs and went to the loo. And as always when she gets up in the night she was accompanied by the entire pack of dogs. When I get up in the night they just roll over into the warm space that I've left.
 
With telly watched I set off tough another dark morning to work. As I drove the pundits on the radio were talking about how eBay is banning sales of e-bikes and their batteries. Apparently there are several brands on the market which are just as likely to explode as to do what you might expect of them, and so sensibly sales are being halted until assurances can be given that people won't be paying good money just to get an explosion.
And today Twitter returns to Brazil. Apparently Twitter (or "X" as it is now known) has been banned there for the last month since it turned out that the social media there was a hotbed of fake news and misinformation. It would seem the Brazilian authorities are allowing tweeting to return now that the lies have stopped.
Heaven forbid social media should be held accountable for the nonsense it spews, eh?
 
I got to work, and had a surprisingly busy morning and a dull afternoon. But starting early meant that I finished early. Leaving me with a pizza, “er indoors TM went off out with her mates. I watched more "Brideshead Revisited” from underneath a pile of dogs.
I’ve done two days at work and I’m worn out. With no alarm set for tomorrow I wonder if I’ll get a better night’s sleep tonight?

No comments:

Post a Comment