9 July 2024 (Tuesday) - House Seems Empty

With Treacle not making slurping sucking noises all night long I slept well. I made toast, and as always just at the point when I was about to eat it when still hot so all the dogs came down wanting to go to toilet.
This morning quite a few friends were posting to the Internet to say that they were off on foreign holidays. Holidays are good; foreign ones are OK… for me there’s far too much travel involved with a foreign holiday. By the time I’ve got to the airport I’ve done all the travel that I want to do.
I had an email. Nectar and eBay would seem to have had a falling out.
 
I then drove “Daddy’s Little Angel TM” up to Maidstone where she had appointments, and as she appointed I sat around waiting. Eventually I got bored enough to get myself a coffee and a croissant. I was pleasantly surprised to get change out of a fiver too.
With appointments appointed we came home, and it wasn’t long before “My Boy TM” and Cheryl arrived. He’s closing down his little pond and had brought me the last fish and a lily pad. A golden rudd will pootle about the pond nicely enough, but I’m unsure about the lily pad. I’ve never had any luck with them in the past.
As we fiddled with the pond so the girls packed, and “Daddy’s Little Angel TM” and “Darcie Waa Waa TM soon set off on their little holiday. The house was incredibly quiet as I then wrote up a little CPD in a shallow attempt to redeem myself after the balls-up I made of it yesterday.
 
“er indoors TM boiled up some pizza and I cracked open a bottle of plonk. We watched the first two episodes of “Celebrity Race Across the World”. I’ve no idea who the so-called celebrities are, but the show seems entertaining enough.
 
Having had  “Daddy’s Little Angel TM” and “Darcie Waa Waa TM here for nearly three weeks, the house seems rather quiet…

No comments:

Post a Comment