28 July 2024 (Sunday) - New Pressure Washer

As I scoffed toast this morning I saw that someone had commented on the photos I’d posted to the Dog Club’s Facebook page yesterday. “It was my dog’s first time at dog club and he really had a great time and it was lovely watching him playing with all his new friends will definitely be going back”. That was good. Mind you the dogs usually have a great time at Dog Club. Any issues (not that there are many) come from the people.
I also saw that today was my brother and sister in law’s seventeenth wedding anniversary Seventeen years, eh? If asked I would have said ten. But that’s why I keep a diary, I was at that wedding.
I also had an email from Amazon. A week or so ago I ordered a hand-held pressure washer. When I came home last night I saw that it had arrived. This morning Amazon had sent me an email saying that they had had no notification that the thing had been shipped, and if they don’t get that in a week then they will refund my money. I suppose I should tell them that it has arrived.
Mind you, Amazon also thought that I might like their new range of “Friends” T-shirts and hoodies. I absolutely loathe and detest that show.
 
I had a quick Minz, got Wordle in four goes, then got dressed and opened up my hand-held pressure washer. The instructions had clearly been translated into English by someone who doesn’t speak English, but after a little farting around I got it all together. To be honest it was a bit of a disappointment, but I had taken the battery straight out of the packaging so I put it on to charge, and then went shopping.
I thought I might get those sleepers I’d seen in B&Q. However when I looked at those sleepers in B&Q they had a notice saying that they’d been treated with biocides and weren’t suitable for use near ponds.
I came home and had a little look on-line to find that pretty much every timber merchant is closed on a Sunday. So I voomed round the garden with the Bionic Burner. That’s one garden tool which does work.
 
I made us both a cuppa, then seeing how the hand-held pressure washer’s battery was charged I thought I might see if it worked any better with a full charge.
It did.
Much better. Comparable to how well the existing pressure washer works. However the little one has the advantage that because it operates out of a bucket I have to go get more water regularly and this prompts me to have a sweep up of all the dirty water. Without this prompt (as happens with the existing pressure washer) I end up ankle deep in a filthy mire.
 
With the garden washed we went  round to see “My Boy TM” and Cheryl. We sat in the sunshine scoffing barbecue chicken.
Not a bad way to spend the afternoon…

No comments:

Post a Comment