10 February 2024 (Saturday) - It Rained

With “er indoors TM, “Darcie Waa Waa TM and the dogs up in the attic room last night I thought I might get a better night’s sleep. Had they all stayed up there I might well have done. But they were up and down like things possessed. Or that is “er indoors TMand the dogs were. I didn’t hear a peep out of “Darcie Waa Waa TM all night.
 
Once up I made toast, and peered at the Internet. Sylvanus had sent me a friend request on Facebook. “Sylvanus” claimed to be a professional dominatrix mistress who loves to humiliate and “pegged for my pleasure”. I found myself wondering that if he she or it does that nonsense professionally, what the hourly rate might be?
 
I went and woke the girls and the dogs. We got ourselves organised and set off to Dog Club. The rain held off for us, but the constant rain of the last few days had taken its toll on the field where we meet. It was muddy, to say the least.
Dog Club went rather well; the dogs had a great time, and we had three new dogs along today. One seemed rather more timid than the others; it is such a shame that when any dog shows the slightest fear then Morgan gets very over-excited. It was also a shame that Bailey had to roll in fox poo.
 
Usually as we drive home I try to guess the mystery year on Steve’s radio show, but by the time we’d loaded dogs and baby into the car we turned on the radio just in time to hear the answer being given out.
We got home just as the forecast rain started, so we had a cuppa. Littlun announced she wanted to go and wreak havoc in the attic bedroom, so whilst “er indoors TM and the dogs went with her to supervise I cracked on with my latest geo-project.
Having been told that a fish ladder wasn’t a suitable topic for an Earthcache I thought I might compare and contrast the limestones in certain structures not a million miles from where I’m staging March’s geo-meet. I got a first draft ready and sent it through to the appropriate geo-fed. Hopefully this will be acceptable.
 
I then did some more of my Coursera course until favourite smallest granddaughter came downstairs, and all too soon it was time for her to go home. As her grandmother loaded up the car, me and littlun stood in a downpour singing “Rain, Rain, Go Away”.
 
Whilst I waited for “er indoors TM to return I tried (and failed) to solve geo-puzzles. “er indoors TM eventually returned and boiled up a very good bit of dinner which we washed down with a bottle of plonk whilst watching more “Junior Bake Off”.
 
Treacle is being rather quarrelsome this evening. Morgan is taking no notice, but I’m keeping Bailey with me; she tiddles in terror whenever Treacle has an episode.
 
And it is still raining. We could have done so much today if it hadn’t been raining since dog club.

No comments:

Post a Comment