8 December 2013 (Sunday) - Chilham

I had a rather restless night. When "Daddies Little Angel TM" was small she would climb into bed and slowly (but with determination) push me out of the bed. "Furry Face TM" did the same last night. Being bigger than him I removed him, but once I'd dozed off he just came back and carried on.
I got up shortly after seven am and checked the world through social media. I discovered something - type ""Turlock CA 95380 warp drive" into Google maps - there really is a place called "Warp Drive" and it's just off of Picard Lane. There is clearly no secrets about the favourite TV shows of the Californian street planners.

Once er indoors TM" had emerged from her pit we put the lead on to "Furry Face TM and set off. WIth our usual partners in crime indisposed we thought we might do a stroll round some nearby footpaths in Chilham. So we did. It was a beautiful day for a walk. As we strolled we saw buzzards gliding and goats goating. We even found a poor pidgeon tangled in a fence, and after a little effort we were able to free the poor bird. I got a good feeling inside when we finally watched the pidgeon flying away.
We had a minor altercation with some off-road cyclists. I don't likee making generalisations but I have yet to meet an off-road cyclist who isn't self-centred to the point of arrogance in the way they try to run everyone else off of the footpaths and bridleways.

As we walked we did a little geocaching too. No surprises there (!) But only three caches. Two traditional ones, and one multi-cache. For those of a geocachical bent, "Time Waits" is perhaps the best multi-cache I've ever done. It does need a little maintenance, but if the C.O. doesn't want to maintain it, I've be very willing to take it on. I emailed him to say so, and he emailed me to offer it to me. So once the admin is done I shall take it on.

With our little walk done we came home via Chilham Church and Kings Wood car park (more plastic boxes) and the Co-op (Belgian buns). As I scoffed my Belgian bun I checked out Facebook. An ex-colleague had used MapMyRide to record a bike ride she'd done today. She'd cycled thirty kilometers but had only burned up 600 calories. I looked at the remains of my bun and realised that one bun had more than wiped out all the healthy benefits of today's five mile hike.

With er indoors TM" off bowling I watched a film I'd recorded a while ago. "The Krays" is a film I've slept through several times. Tonight I watched the film all the way through. It was rather good; if you like that sort of thing...


No comments:

Post a Comment