13 Mo-Vember 2009 (Friday) - Another Day

Up with the lark as always, and having a bit of time spare I thought I’d check my emails. Disaster. My PC wouldn’t connect to the Internet. I fiddled about for a while but to no avail. I then spent the day with a sense of dread. It’s amazing how lost I felt. Being away from the PC didn’t help at all. Without the Internet at home I felt as though something was missing. Imagine my amazement when I came home this evening to find it was all circuits go.

Mind you, whilst at Tesco’s this morning, the cashpoint machines weren’t working. I am going to hope that the Internet failure was in some way connected to the cashpoint failure, and blame it all on the awful weather.


Home from work via the pet shop. “Daddies Little Angel TM ” has money to burn, and has decided she wants a pet. It’s against my better judgement, but she has bought herself a pair of guinea pigs (both boys) and associated paraphernalia. I just transported the whole lot home. “Spider-Pig” and “As Yet Unnamed” (Dave) seem sweet enough, if you like guinea pigs. Which I don’t, especially.


A missive arrived from the chokey – “Norman Stanley” seems in good form, despite his basketball team losing their most recent match 110-8. For no adequately explained reason, despite losing by 102 points, the “Harlem Globetrotters” were pleased with the game, and thought it their best yet. And he’s still not received the mucky postcards I sent in two weeks ago. Odd how a whole grumble mag can get through, but two mucky postcards get censored…


I just hope this rain stops soon…..


No comments:

Post a Comment