26 December 2023 (Boxing Day) - Skid Markz

Even though I’d done little but sleep yesterday I slept through last night. “er indoors TM cooked up bacon rolls, and leaving her under the tender care of Darcie Waa Waa TM (or was it the other way round?), “Daddy’s Little Angel TM” and I set off to Folkestone (once we’d found where she’d left her door key!). We collected whatever it was she’d left behind, then went to Asda for nappies. Parking took some doing; some idiot woman was inches from my back bumper as I drove round and round the car park; I had to tell her to back off. She stared at me as though I was talking some foreign language. I pointed out the obvious; I couldn’t park my car because she was giving me no space. The sooner I could park, the sooner she could park. Mind you I’d driven past several spaces that she hadn’t stopped off to park in. I think she was a bit “special”.
Asda was heaving; so many people buying so much stuff. And with nappies bought we collected “Stormageddon – Bringer of Destruction TMand came home. Eventually. Ashford was gridlocked. The crowds in Folkestone’s Asda were nothing compared to the swarms trying to get into the Outlet centre.
 
We got home, and were soon joined by “My Boy TM”, Cheryl and Lacey. We had a rather good bit of dinner, then played “Skid Markz”; a rather good board game based on dogs dragging their bums round the carpet (as dogs do). Then we played cards… you know… that game we play at Christmas with twos, sevens, nines and tens?
 
All too soon the day had rushed away, and “My Boy TM” and his entourage had to set off. As “Daddy’s Little Angel TM” dozed on the sofa, “Stormageddon – Bringer of Destruction TMfinally got to turn the telly on, and we watched other people playing “Geometry Dash”; an odd video game in which a strange shape alternately collides into some objects and avoids others for no apparent reason.
Darcie Waa Waa TM sat on the kitchen floor. Despite having acquired a small fortune in pressies she was happy stacking the dog food bowls.
 
I had an early night… I was worn out with it all…

No comments:

Post a Comment