12 December 2023 (Tuesday) - Rostered Day Off

I had hoped for something of a lie-in this morning but that wasn’t happening. “er indoors TM got up shortly after seven o’clock. Morgan and Treacle crashed off the bed after her, and Bailey cried because she’s not big enough to jump off the bed on her own.
I came downstairs, had a shave, made toast and had my usual rummage round the Internet. This morning it was rather dull, and that which wasn’t dull was depressing. If people weren’t posting sad things about recently departed dogs they were posting memories of departed husbands and wives. I find that these days I’m getting more and more morose without needing any help.
 
We got the dogs onto their leads, I put on my new boots, and with “er indoors TM going into the office today I took the dogs up to Kings Wood. We did one of our longer circuits of the wood; nearly four miles. As we walked we saw a couple of other dogs but not much else… apart from quite a bit of mud. Unless we walk the really long walk, the mud is unavoidable. But we avoided the rain. One weather forecast for today gave drizzle all morning. Another gave intermittent showers. The third said a lot without actually committing itself to anything. All were from the BBC.
 
With walk walked we came home for a warming shower. Even though it wasn’t particularly cold today, the dogs are small and when they get wet they get cold. With the mud washed off and them warmed up they soon settled and slept. I put a load of shirts in to wash, harvested dog dung from the garden, and set about a load of ironing whilst watching a film on Netflix. “Leave the World Behind” was… I hesitate to say “crap” but at two hours and twenty minutes it was probably about two hours too long. Seriously – pretty much nothing happened, and the film just ended in such a way that I really do think the people who made it had a mishap in the cutting room and forgot to add the last scenes.
Once my shirts were out of the washing machine I took the dog bedding out of the back of my car and put that through the washing machine. It was rather grubby and rather damp.
 
The needle and thread came out for replacing missing buttons, and as I stitched I watched “The Founder”; a film about the chap who saw the original McDonalds burger joint and turned it into a serious money-maker. That was rather good. But for every one person like Ray Krock who made it big, there are hundreds (thousands) who didn’t.
 
“er indoors TM came home and boiled up dinner as I sorted the tumble-tried undercrackers. The poor washing machine hasn’t stopped today.
Unlike me… These rostered days off of mine follow a pattern. A walk round the woods, ironing, sitting on my bum watching telly. So why do I feel so tired?

No comments:

Post a Comment