30 September 2023 (Saturday) - Family Staying

After yesterday’s vaccinations (one in each arm) I woke with my left arm aching and my right arm was fine. What was that all about?
As I made toast I saw that the clock in the kitchen had stopped. What is it with stopped clocks? Whenever one has stopped at home or at work I notice it all the time, but when it is running I’m not conscious of ever even looking at the thing.
 
I sparked up my lap-top and peered into the Internet. Facebook was crawling with posts about some tree that had got chopped down in Scotland. Am I being cynical in wondering if more than one or two of the dozens of people posting about the tree had ever heard of it before, let alone seen it. I certainly hadn’t. There’s a lot of this on the Internet – post up about some bandwagon or other and everyone jumps on it.
Someone else asked about good places to go for a walk – I suggested Orlestone and Kings Wood; someone else immediately claimed both places were ideal places for getting a car broken into. Seriously? I’ve been going to both for years and never heard of any issues there. I said as much… and the chap who’d said about break ins then said he’d never actually been to either but had a vague inkling that he’d heard rumours.
Isn’t the Internet wonderful…
 
Being Saturday we loaded up the dogs and drove round to Repton for Dog Club. We had a great time running and charging about. Little Lilly who was so nervous and reactive a few weeks ago is coming on in leaps and bounds. The two Spaniels who came for their first time last week (and just barked in nervous terror) were in the thick of all the games. And a tiny dachshund who came for her first time today had a whale of a time.
As we came home we listened to Steve’s Mystery Year competition on the radio. As we’d driven to Dog Club there was a competition to name a tune being played backwards – it was Super Trooper by Abba. Go me. And I got the Mystery Year too – 1992. As we messaged to Steve, that year was famous for being the late Queen’s horrible anus.
 
Once home I ran out the pond hose pipe, rigged it to the filter and had the filter cleaned out and all the accessories away in just under twenty-five minutes. Pond filter cleaning with the pressure filter is so much easier than it used to be. All I need now is a round pole to act as a spindle for my big reel thing.
Just as I’d tidied up I had a message. Someone had left the padlocks at Dog Club locked. Yes. I had. Deliberately. I thought if I left them open then passing herberts might nick them, and that whoever locks up might use their key to open the padlocks prior to locking up. However it turns out that Dog Club only has one key to the gates (the one in my pocket) and that locking up is dependent on me leaving the locks open.
Woops.
I popped back to Dog Club where the big dogs session was in full swing and unlocked.
I came home via Waitrose as I thought we deserved Belgian buns. Two Belgian buns from Waitrose was just under a quid cheaper than the co-op.
 
We drove down to Folkestone to collect “Daddy’s Little Angel TM”, “Stormageddon – Bringer of Destruction TMand “Darcie Waa Waa TM (and Pogo). We brought them home and after a sandwich and a “Feed The Fish” ceremony we went round to the park. We’d heard the council had spent (literally) millions doing up the park, and they had. New climbing frames, trampolines, swings, zip lines… there were hundreds of people at the new play area and we spent over an hour there with the littluns. You really don’t mind paying council tax when it is spent on projects like that.
Eventually we were played out and come home for a KFC dinner, and then spent a little while watching Lube-Tube videos. Baby songs and gallium and crochet… the evening passed rather quickly.
Darcie Waa Waa TM is asleep;  “Stormageddon – Bringer of Destruction TM is doing crochet with his grandmother. Pogo hasn’t screamed for at least fifteen minutes. I’m rather exhausted with it all…

No comments:

Post a Comment