17 September 2023 (Sunday) - Lazy Day

The dogs were on top of “er indoors TM last night so I had a peaceful night with bed space. Result!
The puppies both shoved their noses into my face at half past seven as though to say “Good Morning” but once I’d greeted them, they both went back to sleep.
Dogs, eh?
We all got up an hour later.
 
I made a cuppa (no toast) and had a look at the Internet. A colleague told me yesterday she’s come off of social media as she spent too long on it. That’s such a shame – I love being nosey and seeing what others do, but she told me that she’s looked back at her posts and what she had been posting up was a sanitized version of her life; history as she would have liked it to have been. Me – I just point the camera (phone) and press the button. Admittedly I do try to get the dogs to pose… but with them any old pose will do.
 
We then drove into Ashford for the monthly Sunday brekkie with friends. It was good to catch up and put the world to rights for an hour or so. Rather than going for any of the set meals this morning I went for the “make it up yourself” option in which you choose what you want. Amongst which were two poached eggs. Poached eggs… oh yus!!! I shall be having those again.
From brekkie we drove out to Bybrook Barn garden centre because that’s what the normal people do on a Sunday, and we wondered what the attraction was. I got some lawn food (as it is food time of year for the lawn), thought about getting a palm tree, and looked in horror at the garden statues which were about two or three times the price of the stuff in Whelans.
 
We came home just as the rain started. Rather heavy rain. So with little else to do I watched a film on Netflix. “Superintelligence” featured James Corden as a self-aware computer, and would have been a good film had it been about forty minutes shorter.
By the time it finally drew to an end the rain had eased up so I went into the garden and hacked back some the stuff pouring over the fence from not-so-nice-next-door, and some of the stuff from new-next-door (nowhere near as much on her side though). After an hour or so I was rather knackered, so I sat down and researched the palm tree I’d seen earlier at the garden centre. Apparently if you are thinking of planting a palm tree, this is *exactly* the time of year not to plant one. Early to mid-spring is the time to plant them apparently. Oh well… perhaps I won’t get a palm. After all, the last three I’ve had all died.
 
I then alternately read my Kindle (Game of Thrones books) and had a kip whilst “er indoors TM painted the back bedroom we’ve recently had plastered.
Over dinner we watched more Lego Masters: USA…
 
We didn’t do much today, but I’m worn out from having done it.

No comments:

Post a Comment