10 September 2023 (Sunday) - Early Shift

I was woken at five o'clock by the sound of Treacle jumping off of the bed. She seemed rather breathless so I took her into the garden for some fresh air. She's not coping with the current heatwave at all - it's the pug in her. She wandered round the foggy garden, had a *lot* to drink, then went back to bed. I set a fan blowing on her, and made myself some brekkie. As I scoffed toast I watched an episode of "Shameless" then had a little look at the Internet. It would seem I'd missed a showing of "Rocky Horror" at the Marlowe last night. I'd have liked to have seen that. Oh well, there will be other showings (I expect). Trouble is these things book up so quickly. Tickets probably sold out months ago.
 
With not a lot else going on I set off to work listening to the radio. As I headed off I caught the last part of some new-age-hippy-drivel about "the fifth element"; the fifth element being rather indeterminate and pretty much whatever the hippies wanted it to be at the time. I thought the fifth element was boron, but what do I know.
This was followed by some utter tripe in which some other hippies thought that foxes were actually all Satan. You would have thought that the Prince of Darkness would have had better things to do than rummage through some old bin bags, wouldn't you? Mind you, is that why devil worshipers supposedly sacrifice chickens?
I turned the radio off and sang along to my quality choice of tunes as I drove up the motorway, and pausing only to open a a gold qrate in the works car park I was soon in the thick of things.
 
Work was rather troublesome today; I was glad when it was home time. But with “er indoors TM and the dogs off out on a play date with Reggie (and Dee and Elliott) I came home to an empty house. I spent an hour pootling in the garden.
“er indoors TM boiled up a very good bit of dinner which we scoffed whilst watching more “SAS: Who Dares Wins”. I shall watch some more telly drivel until the dishwasher is done… then I shall have an early night. Treacle is snoring epically; I suspect she’s in for another restless night so I shall get some sleep whilst I can.
Yesterday was rather good; today rather dull.

No comments:

Post a Comment