25 May 2020 (Monday) - Hic !!


With an alliance of Pogo, Treacle and "er indoors TM" having claimed most of the duvet and having turned on the bedroom fan I gave up laying in bed shivering and came downstairs for brekkie. A row was kicking off on the national Facebook geocaching page in which “Karen from Facebook” was ranting that some people had gone geocaching recently and hadn’t sterilised pretty much everything in their wake as they went. I didn’t get involved; but it amazes me that the less anyone knows about matters microbiological, the more vocal they are on the subject. It also amazes me that there is now (supposedly) such an expected high quality of hygiene expected in a hobby which is all about scrubbling under rocks for film pots that have been left in the dirt for months and years.
I had a look at my emails and saw another series of geocaches had gone live. Thirty-odd new ones had appeared yesterday evening in Coxheath, and fifteen more appeared this morning near Marden. And there could well be more coming, for which I am grateful. A prolific hider of the things has announced that he’s finding the walking all a bit too much these days and (bearing in mind his caches are all rather old) he’s asking for people to put out new ones in his area at which point he will archive his old ones. I’ve offered to take on a short-ish series in the back of beyond if no one else will, and I spent a little while perusing the map of that area. The route is already in place, but finding somewhere to park a car on that route takes some doing…
And I had an email from Amazon. Based on my recent activity (of buying the latest album from “Sparks”) they thought I might be interested in buying the latest album from “Sparks”.

I went into the garden and got the paint brush out. I finished painting the shed, got a coat of paint onto the wooden barrel which houses one of the water features, and spent an hour or so painting trellises. As I painted so “not-so-nice-next-door” was busying about on her side of the fence. The stupid woman had spent half an hour reinforcing a post which her strange ex-husband had put in years ago to reinforce the fence. Ironically the post she reinforced is fine as it is, but it in no way contributes anything to the integrity of the fence. The fence is still flapping about just as it was before she started fannying about. When Fudge started barking at her I told him to be quiet as he will see plenty of her when the fence falls down later. Hopefully she took notice of that.

I painted until it got a bit too hot for that, so I came in, had a quick shower, and looked at the monthly accounts. As always they could be better, but as always they really could be a whole lot worse. If I’m looking to replace the entire fence supports (for more than I’ve spent on a car before) I can’t be *that* hard up, can I? It’s just that I’d like a lot more money than I actually have.

Using twenty-first century technology we spent the bank holiday afternoon enjoying the sunshine with the first fruit of my loin and his tribe. A couple of bottles of Polish lager, a pint (or so) of salted caramel flavoured Baileys, several vodka-infused strawberries and I am reliably informed that "My Boy TM" had “blown”…
Me - I’m feeling raring to go… Which is more than I was this time twenty-four years ago when I can remember getting particularly unwell on a combination of white wine and Harvey’s Best Bitter

No comments:

Post a Comment