26 May 2020 (Tuesday) - Before the Night Shift


I was rather disappointed as I peered into Facebook this morning. Being a nosey sort of person I had been hoping for photos of what people might have been up to at the weekend. But I suppose lock-down has put the tin lid on doing most things. There was pretty much nothing but adverts for stuff for sale on Facebook this morning.
I had a few emails this morning; several more geocaches had gone live overnight. Some near work – had I been working this morning I could have chased a First to Find. But I wasn’t, and so I didn’t.

Instead I leaded up the dogs and took them down to Orlestone Woods. Usually we have the place to ourselves; today was the busiest I’ve ever seen the place. We must have met a dozen other dog walkers; all of whom commented on how busy the place was.
We came home, and I then spent half an hour cataloguing my souvenir beer glasses. Over the years I’ve amassed quite a few, and they just sit on shelves gathering dust. I advertised the lot for sale before Christmas, and I’ve had someone express interest in some of them. I put the lot through the dishwasher (in two loads) whilst doing a little more admin on my new geo-series which will go live in Kings Wood at some point over the next few weeks.

I took myself to bed for the afternoon. I slept reasonably well apart from a rather vivid dream un which a rather surly Prime Minister invited me to a formal dinner at which we ate rather bad fish and chips. What was that all about?

I got up, and spent an hour and a half struggling with the geo-admin for the four new Wherigoes I have in the pipeline. As I got more and more angry with the recalcitrant software so the doorbell rang. Those Lego plates I’ve been waiting for have finally arrived. Having ordered them originally on 18 March I received a refund for their non-arrival six days ago. I promptly ordered others from somewhere in darkest Europe, and they arrived today.
I shall fiddle about with them when I have more time.

I’m hoping "er indoors TM" will boil up some dinner soon – then I’m off to the night shift…

No comments:

Post a Comment