23 May 2020 (Saturday) - Chicken Sh*t Bingo and Extreme Dishwasher Loading


After a rather good night shift I listened to the radio as I drove home. The Prime Ministers’ lackey Dominic Cummings would seem to be in trouble for having broken lock-down rules. Rather than self-isolating at home when ill, he travelled half-way across the country so that he’d have family nearby to look after his children. Or so he claimed. The lock-down rules are vague (at best) – did he did wrong, or was the media having a slow news day? Who knows?
I stopped off at B&Q where the queues to get into the place were already forming at half-past eight. And (unlike yesterday) the place looked like a plague zone. It never fails to amaze me that I wear less personal protective equipment when dealing with virus-ridden blood samples than the Great Unwashed do when going shopping.
I got some more paint for the fences (I might run out half way through the shed) then went home and took myself off to bed.

I got a couple of hours sleep before the dogs barking got too much. I came down to find the living room in uproar as "er indoors TM" was having a tidy-up. Over a cuppa I peered into the internet to see if I’d missed much. I hadn’t really, but I had been accepted into the Facebook group “Extreme Dishwasher Loading(which seems to be good for a laugh).
As I perused, so "er indoors TM" was playing episodes of “Top of the Pops” from thirty years ago. There was some crap music in the early 1990s. It was with a sense of relief that I turned it off and we took the dogs round the park for a walk.

We left home in glorious sunshine and had a rather good walk in that there were no “episodes” at all. However there were no “episodes” because the thunderstorms kept everyone inside. And the thunderstorms were rather impressive. We were soaked to the skin by the time we got home, and by the time we got home it was glorious sunshine again.
We put on dry clothes, sent into the garden, got out the chairs… and ran them all back into the shed quickly as a hailstorm hit.
After a couple of hailstorms and thunderstorms we finally got to spend an hour in the sunshine with a pint and the Kindle and I dozed off; the night shift and a couple of pints had taken their toll.

"er indoors TM" boiled up a rather good bit of dinner and with it scoffed we tuned in to the Saturday Zoom quiz. Based on “Richard Osman’s House of Games” we had a very good quiz (even if I did come second to last). And the evening was rounded off with a quick game of “Chicken Shit Bingo” – a game which might well be modified for canine participation…

No comments:

Post a Comment