27 March 2020 (Friday) - Lego Delivery


I went to the loo in the small hours and came back to bed to find that the entire wolf-pack had made themselves comfortable where I’d been sleeping. I should have hoiked the entire lot off the bed, but instead I wormed my way in between them and tried to sleep despite Pogo’s grumbling every time anyone moved.

Over a bowl of Aldi muesli (which isn’t that good) I watched an episode of “The Good Place” then had a look at the Internet. The new sparks single has been released; like the muesli it wasn’t that good either (unfortunately).
Facebook was fairly quiet; with the world on lock-down no one had been doing much.
I posted a couple of birthday videos to friends (whose birthday was today obviously!), I sulked a bit because today is smallest grand-dog Rolo’s birthday and due to coronageddon I’m not allowed to visit, I saw I had no emails at all, and I got ready for work.

I spent a few moments wiping the condensation off of my car, then set off to work. There was an iffy few seconds as I joined the motorway as a truck of the Green Box recycling company (registration number emailed to the company) followed perhaps five yards behind me as I drove up the slip road, and stayed that close to me for quite some time. I don't know if he thought that by driving so close he would force me to overtake the van in front where there was no space to do so. I wish people wouldn't drive like idiots, but when they do so in the company's van at least you have the ability to bring their idiocy to the attention of someone who can do something about it.
As I drove the pundits on the radio were talking about the Chancellor of the Exchequer who made a speech yesterday which was well received. There was talk about the Prime Minister's latest TV and radio appearances looking rather weak in comparison. Doesn't it speak volumes about our political system in that a leader isn't judged by their ability to lead or by the policies they devise, but by how well they amuse the masses?

As I arrived at work so my phone beeped. Those Lego plates I was going to buy from Bluewater last week have now been posted from China. I wonder when they will arrive?
I had a cuppa before I started work. As I did I had a look at Facebook on my phone again. Not much had happened earlier; people had woken up now and there was a lot of concern being expressed in that the vape shops haven't been declared "essential" and have all closed down. Those who like puffing clouds now have nowhere to get their supplies. This was apparently a major issue - has no one heard of on-line shopping?

At lunch time there was some chuckling at work as we got the news that the Prime Minister has succumbed to the corona virus. I say "succumbed"; he's got a cough and a bit of a temperature and is now self-isolating. Will he carry on running the show by video link as an example to us all? And if he goes down with it, who takes over? You'd think that the country would have thought about this before the leader went down with the virus which has been sweeping the nation for weeks, wouldn't you?

I came home and with "er indoors TM" still diligently working from home I took the dogs out. I wanted to go to Kings Wood to get GPS co-ordinates to put the finishing touches to my new geo-series, but a blanket ban on supposedly non-essential travel meant that I couldn’t. To be honest I didn’t go to the woods simply because of respect to the Forestry Commission’s request that people don’t go, rather than because of this travel ban.
We went round the park. On Wednesday we walked in the woods for three hours and met two other people; neither of which came within fifteen yards of me. Today in three quarters of an hour walking locally we saw dozens of people, and despite my best efforts twenty-two potential disease-carriers came close enough that I could have touched them.
As we walked home we came past the allotments where social distancing certainly wasn’t being observed, and neither were the rules about avoiding non-essential driving with all the gardeners having brought their cars.

With walk walked I went to feed the pond fish. I will need to scare up some more food for the Koi soon. I really should stop the dogs from scoffing quite so much of it; especially as in his greed, Pogo fell in the pond this evening.

I then spent a few minutes opening the post. Some of my Lego had been delivered today. I had a little look-see to check that what I’d ordered had arrived. All I’m now waiting for are those large base plates from China.

"er indoors TM" boiled up a very good bit of dinner which we scoffed whilst watching the last episode of “Star Trek: Picard”. Now I’ve seen the series I must admit that it was a disappointment… Such a shame. 

No comments:

Post a Comment