28 March 2020 (Saturday) - Locked Down


The dogs were settled last night, and when they sleep, everyone sleeps.
I stood on the scales this morning – I’ve managed to put on two pounds this week. On the one had I want to lose about three to four stone in weight, on the other hand despite what I do or don’t eat I’ve always been a porker.
I had toast for brekkie (for a change), then peered into the Internet. The geocaching groups were still at each other’s throats about the national lock-down.
This is something which is boiling my piss right now.
Despite the ongoing arguments and bitterness it is possible to leave the house and still avoid spreading the corona virus. You just avoid people. But there is a school of thought which says that people should not set foot outside the house for any reason whatsoever. Many of those who advocate this are extremely forceful in their opinion, but none seem to have a valid reason for what they are saying. There are those who think that the corona virus is like a tiger in that it is crouched behind the neighbour’s hedge poised to ponce on them (much like a tiger might). And there are those who advocate staying at home because “that is the law”, seemingly oblivious to the fact that this law has been devised by someone who is even thicker than they are.
Don’t get me wrong – I am on no way advocating business as usual or civil disobedience, but a little education on matters microbiological would go a long way right now.

I sent birthday wishes to one of my nephew’s three Facebook accounts then had a look at my emails. The geo-feds have given the thumbs up to my latest tweak to the geo-series I am planning. Interestingly with the country on lock-down, the chap who contacted me to say all was well had sent the email before six o’clock this morning.
I also had emails from the dentist and the vet saying they were closing for all but emergencies. I suppose that’s understandable under the circumstances.

Whilst "er indoors TM" got herself organised I sorted Lego. I found a huge box of the stuff that I’d forgotten about. There were several sets of wheels in that box; it was a shame that yesterday’s delivery included quite a few sets of wheels that I’d ordered as I thought I’d run out.

The plan for today had been to drive out to Hemsted forest where we’d planned to meet up with friends, but that plan went doubly west. Firstly we aren’t allowed to drive anywhere to walk dogs, and secondly the Forestry commission have closed all their woods.
So instead we went for a little walk locally. Out through Willesborough dykes to the top end of Park Farm and home via South Willesborough and Frog’s Island. We had a fairly good walk, "er indoors TM" found a geocache (I’d found that one eight years ago!) and Treacle fell in something. We aren’t quite sure what; it was near the river but we didn’t see her anywhere near the water, but suddenly she was soaking wet and covered in foul-smelling mud.

With walk walked and dog bathed we had a light lunch (scones and jam with coffee) then I ordered some food for the pond fish. It should be here by Tuesday. I can’t help but wonder how many other people are ordering stuff like this on-line. At the moment on-line ordering is great; with "er indoors TM" working from home there is always someone at home to accept delivery.
I then played Lego for a bit. With yesterday’s delivery of spare odds and sods I managed to make fifteen more maxi-figures including two which will be part of a statue in the Lego world’s park which I shall make once the base plates arrive.
I then had a message. A little while ago I mentioned that someone from Sweden had been using a VPN to cheat at claiming a find on my Adventure lab cache in Ashford. It would seem that the answers to this Adventure have been posted onto a cheat page on Facebook together with how to trick your GPS to make you think you are miles away from where you actually are. I’ve disabled the thing for now (no one’s allowed out to do it anyway) and shall decide what to do with it if and when coronageddon has subsided somewhat.

Bearing in mind I’d had to re-vamp the end of my geo-walk in Kings Wood I then re-programmed one of the Wherigos and created some of the web pages for the geo-series. I’ve got over half of the web pages done now. I’ve just got to create the last twenty-four web pages, decide what the puzzles are actually going to be, add then to the pages… it will keep me occupied during coonageddon if nothing else.

"er indoors TM" boiled up a rather good bit of dinner which I washed down with the bottle of beer I had intended taking out for today’s cancelled walk. As we scoffed we watched a film. “Year One” was something of a disappointment…

No comments:

Post a Comment