29 September 2015 (Tuesday) - It Has Arrived

I slept like a log again last night. For all that I liked the holiday it seems you can't beat your own bed. I came down to find "Furry Face TM" snoring. He wagged his tail and graciously allowed me to rub his belly. He seems to be over his sulking now.
I set the washinng machine loose on various assorted colours (as one does). The thing was making something of a grinding noise yesterday as it dried my smalls; let's hope this is not a terminal noise.

I hung out the washing and then wandered up into town; my new specs were ready for collection. But I couldn't just get them; I had to have an appointment. I arrived, some secretary-type say me down, handed them over, asked if they fitted and if I could see anything throught them and then sent me on my way.
What a waste of time. I could have done that at any time. Did I *really* need an appointment?
I then went on to Boots for an errand for "er indoors TM" and whillst there I got a dozen film pots for geo-purposes. On eBay you have to pay for the things; Boots give them away.
On the way home my phone pinged. Email. My new geo-series in Bethersden had gone live and my phone nearly exploded under the strain. For each sandwich box I'd hidden I had an email to say that the reviewer had published it, an email to say the reviewer had put on a note saying he'd published it, an email to tell me that my geocache haad received the official thumbs-up and an email to tell me there was a new cache in the area. All that lot - thirty eight times. Deleting one hundred and fifty two emails gave me something to do as I walked back from town.

Once home I popped the lead on to "Furry Face TM" and we went for a little stroll. Through the back roads to Singleton Lake and back home via the park. For once our walk was relatively uneventful. We met a few other dogs on the way, but little Fudge seems to be getting more and more wary of other dogs as time goes by. Whereas in the past he would cause mayhem, these days he shies away from them.

We were out for a couple of hours. Once back I got the lawnmower out and attacked the grass in the back garden. I'd not mowed for a couple of weeks and it showed. Ideally I should give the lawn a haircut every week, but it doesn't happen. I could have done a better job I suppose, but my tennis elbow started playing up. So I adjorned and watched the last episode of "The Last Ship" as I scoffed lunch.

I then had a look at the monthly accounts. Oh dear. New specs and new brakes on the "er indoors-mobile TM" had pretty much cleared the bank balance. Perhaps we shouldn't have gone away for the long weekend? But what is money for if not to squander foolishly?
It was at this point I got a message. A geo-astro-buddy had been out round my Bethersden geo-series and had located the lot. I was pleased about that. For all that we all get the same notifications and we all get the same chance for First to Find, locally it is *always* the same old chap who sprints out to get them. It was nice to see someone else getting a look-in.
Flushed with success I then looked at the geo-map with a view to putting out a smaller series for the Kent Cacher's New Year's Day walk. It's not easy finding anywhere nearby but I have one or two ideas. I'm back on nights in a couple of weeks time so I'll start hunting out specific locations then.

I got the washing in from the line, and with little else to do I spent a little while watching fan-made Star Trek episodes. I fell asleep.

Being Tuesday the clans gathered. Insults were bandied, the naughty bits of various mammals discussed, and we watched Saturday's episode of "Doctor Who" which I actually enjoyed.
Oh - and Matt brought my lego advent calendar. Not long now....


No comments:

Post a Comment