9 September 2015 (Wednesday) - God Bless Her !!!!

Anyone who knows me will know that I'm rather fond of an American musical duo. Recently they formed a Supergroup with Frans Ferdinand. This morning the corners of the Internet in which I lurk were alive about their latest song. It's a wonderful *new* song (according to the gobby types who have recently discovered this sort of thing). It's the *latest* great thing to come from this musical collaboration... apparently.
To me it sounds exactly like it did when it came out on their 1982 album "Angst in my Pants" but I didn't have the heart to say anything.

As I drove to work I listened to the radio. As well as their usual hot air, the pundits were talking about how today the Queen became the longest reigning British monarch. With forty monarchs since the accession of William the First (glossing over the nasty interlude with that Cromwell chap) the average King or Queen seems to last a little over twenty years. Good old Lillibet ain't done bad.
The pundits on the radio wheeled on some proper historians to say nice things about her, and much as I always thought myself an ardent royalist these historians made me think. They seemed to believe that future historians will agree that Elizabeth II was an excellent Queen. But not for any reason of which I would have thought.
She will be of historical importance because she kept her trap shut.
She does work tirelessly and is always seen here and there doing the Royal thing. But I'd never realised that she never actually says very much of note. Future historians are probably going to refer to her as "Elizabeth the Silent"; particularly bearing in mind how outspoken her successor appears to be.

I got to work for the early shift, and did my thing. I've now been working for three consecutive working days. Doesn't happen when I'm on nights. I much prefer the night shifts for that very reason. Today was rather busy, but an early start made for an early finish.

I came home, tidied the mess that "Daddies Little Angel TM" had made on her visit today, and then took "Furry Face TM" for a walk. Apart from his going into the river and refusing to come back out the walk went reasonably well.
We came home; the postman had delivered my parcel. After an epic struggle with the packing tape I finally got the thing open. More of the ingredients for the series of geocaches I'm putting together.

I then had a look on social media and my piss boiled. A week or so ago I posted on the group Wherigo UK that I was getting a little fed up with spending hours creating on-line GPS games that no one plays. There have been several replies over the last week, but what really annoyed me today was people who I know live within half an hour's drive of home who were saying how much they love Wherigos. If they *really* do appreciate my efforts why have they only bothered with two out of my eighteen? And it's been two years since they did those two.

I'm going to turn this lap-top off and watch telly...


No comments:

Post a Comment