12 September 2015 (Saturday) - Visitors

I was up and about far earlier than I might have been today because grand-daughter Lacey was coming for the day. She arrived (with little Rolo) shortly after 7am, and whilst we both waited for "er indoors TM" to get up we watched "Toddlers and Tiaras". The difference in our perspectives on that show was amazing. Lacey actually took it seriously. I suppose that for the young girls it is a serious business.
And whilst we watched the two dogs played chaotically. Sometimes I worry that Rolo is so small that he will get hurt, but he seemed to hold his own with Fudge today.

"er indoors TM" emerged from her pit, and we drove down to Brockhill Park to walk the dogs. And to find two hidden sandwich boxes too. Lacey's trainers let in the water but she didn't seem too fussed. And after an hour's walk we came home via McDonalds for McLunch. We sat outside with the dogs, and whilst "er indoors TM" got the dinner we watched the McMinion letting the helium balloons fly off in the wind.

I took a few photos whilst we were out, and the girls then went off to Folkestone to visit Auntie Kat. I took myself off to bed for the afternoon and slept like a log.
I awoke to find that little Rolo had had a little potty emergency. Bless him; he's only a puppy. It didn't take long to dispose of the evidence. That will be our little secret.

I then had a quick look-see on-line. The geo-feds have checked out what I did yesterday and have given me the thumbs-up. So I shall start on Phase Three of my Bethersden project (finalising the cache web pages) when I get chance; with a view to doing Phase Four (actually hiding thirty eight sandwich boxes) when days off and decent weather co-incide. I was thinking about this coming Tuesday but the weather forecast is for heavy rain.
I must admit I'm rather grateful to the "geo-feds" for their help with what I'm working on; for all that I grumble about them sometimes, the unpaid volunteers have a thankless job really.

I'm off to the night shift now.... The last few have been very busy. I wonder how tonight will turn out.


No comments:

Post a Comment