7 August 2013 (Wednesday) - Goats and Packing

I had a late night last night, finally crawling into my pit shortly before 1am. I lay awake for some time (which is unusual) and woke shortly after 4am. After an hour or so laying wide awake I got up. Not being really sure of the day's plans I thought I'd get today's e-geosouvenir while I had little else to be getting on with.
At 5.15am I was lurking by a drainage ditch two miles the other side of Bilsington. I had a good rummage, and despite nearly falling into said drainage ditch twice I couldn't find the cache in question. I gave up after twenty minutes searching I shall have to go back with reinforcements. So I drove on another half a mile and found a cache near another drainage ditch. I didn't fall into that one.

I was home just after 6am and still being wide awake I had brekkie and watched the antics of Blake and his five. It's quite amazing how camp space aliens are; quite makes you want to stay at home and leave space adventuring for those of a more expressive bent.

"Daddies Little Angel TM" arrived and had a good shriek, then we took the dogs for a walk. Up past the skate park where we exchanged insults with Sam. We came along Hythe Road then across the railway into Willeborough where we walked past the young farmer's farm. They had a lot of goats there. Closer scrutiny showed (to those of us with a zoological bent) that some of the goats were sheep, and that others were geese and cows. It's amazing what you see on a closer look.
Home - where "Daddies Little Angel TM" did the heavy lifting and we got the car mostly packed for the weekend's planned camping expedition. And as "Daddies Little Angel TM" set off on a mission of her own I did more of my on-line course in mathematical philosophy. This week we are learning about "truth". It turns out that there is more to truth than just writing it down.

Lisa sent a message - she was going to the camping shop in Hollingbourne; did I want to come for the outing? I did. There wasn't anything I needed in the shop, but it never hurts to have a look. And then home again to spend a couple of hours doing the ironing whilst watching more of Blake's exploits.

er indoors TM" came home and we took "Furry Face TM" out for an evening's stroll. It was a good evening to be out. We need more of these..

No comments:

Post a Comment