26 April 2024 (Friday) - On The Beer

As I scoffed toast I saw I had another friend request on Facebook. Domina Scarlett Lush claimed “I make you feel submissive, weak, and eager to please.. there is no fighting your addiction to Me”. Yet again I found myself wondering about Facebook’s so-called Community Standards. I do like Facebook, but it could be so much better. If it is isn’t ladies of dubious morals brandishing their arses, it is the petty squabbles over the most trivial matters. There was some quite intense bitching on the UK Ponds Facebook page in which someone had asked a question, and there were as many answers as there were people to give them; no two in agreement and everyone aggressively shouting down everyone else.
I saw someone had been round Kings Wood yesterday and hadn’t been able to find one of my geocaches there. They’d sent me a message to say they’d replaced it. I wish more people would replace missing caches; saves me a job.
 
Not having much time this morning I took the dogs round the block chasing a unicorn which was dropping lucky stars (it’s a Munzee thing). As we walked through the park there was a minor incident. From about twenty yards away a small child started crying because he claimed Morgan tried to bite him. The brat’s father glared at me; I replied “From that distance? Seriously?” in a sarcastic tone. The child immediately stopped crying and smiled and happily announced how cute the dogs were. Father seemed happy with this.
I was reminded of the more simple-minded cubs who would say absolutely anything in their attention-seeking.
 
With walk walked I came home, gathered dog turds from the garden (you wouldn’t believe how much three small dogs produce) then made a cuppa for me and “er indoors TM and dished out the last of the cake I got yesterday.
I then looked at some geo-puzzles in Hastings in the general vicinity of where I would be later. Having solved two I found the finals were nowhere near where I would be. Three other puzzles looked a little tricky, so with time pressing I asked a friend if he had the solutions.
He had.
 
I wandered up the road to the train station and was soon on a very crowded train to Hastings. We all sat and listened to some loud old woman who was regaling whoever would listen with a constant stream of drivel. The guard asked to see my ticket; I remembered my old mate who used to be the guard on the Hastings line. Is it really eighteen tears since he died?
 
I arrived in Hastings to find it all rather different to how it used to be. With a few minutes spare I walked to the old town by going over the West Hill. A rather uphill walk. I walked past the vicarage where out old vicar used to live back in the day when I was thick with the church. The vicarage is now a dog groomer.
Having found the geocaches I’d been after I made my way to the Hastings Arms where I was soon joined by my brother and my cousin who I’d net seen for years. It was good to catch up. Sister in law and nephew joined us, we had a very good dinner and things got very vague, as they do.
 
Getting home was fun. I got to the train station and caught the last bus home with minutes to spare. We drove to all the train stations on the way home, and at each stop the bus driver asked if we would all like to get out and wait for the train. Apparently the train was running half an hour behind the bus, and the bus was going to Ashford anyway, so why would we want to get the train? And the bus driver was utterly unable to explain why there was a bus service when the train was running anyway.
 
I must have got home safely… I wonder when.

No comments:

Post a Comment