22 January 2023 (Sunday) - Lego, Chips

“er indoors TM and the dogs had quite a major lie-in this morning. I would have too, but my back hurts if I stay in my pit for too long. I made toast and had a look at the Internet.
You really do have to admire the cheek of some people. There is some chap who this morning was all over the Facebook Lego groups like a rash. He “collects and restores” old Lego models apparently. I’m not sure how you “restore” a Lego model. Re-build it, perhaps? Anyway he’s run out of spare parts and wants people to give him theirs. Bit cheeky!
I’m in the throes of “restoring” an old Lego model at the moment, and when I find I need certain Lego bits I buy them from any of the myriad of dealers who sell Lego parts. Apparently this chap has contacted all the sellers and is still waiting for replies. I suspect he will wait for some time. But… if you don’t ask, you don’t get.
There was also talk about the Inland Border Facility at Sevington which is only two miles from home (as the crow flies). The traffic lights around the place have caused traffic mayhem, it apparently cost a hundred million guid to be built, and the place is pretty much empty and deserted as whatever reasons it was built for never came to pass.
Word is that it will be demolished for yet another housing estate.
 
As “er indoors TM and the dogs emerged from their pits I left them to their brekkie and got on with “restoring” my old Lego model. Last year a colleague gave me a Lego pirate ship and was very clear that the set was incomplete. A few weeks ago I thought I might build it on a wet afternoon but struggled to get very far. Last week I had another session and got as far as I could, but had to send to BrickLink for an anchor and some rigging. The anchor arrived on Friday and I spent an hour or so Lego-ing today. Again I had to make extensive use of my spares box, but had to stop. The thing is missing an entire mast, the ship’s steering wheel and the cable rigging.
“er indoors TM made me a cuppa and I spent half an hour on BrickLink ordering up the bits I need. So many places had the lower part of the mast but not the top, or vice-versa. Eventually I ordered most of what I needed from a place in America with the bits costing me fifteen dollars, and the postage another thirteen.
If any of my loyal readers have any thick black yarn I’d be grateful… (I can ask for hand-outs too!)
 
We got our coats on and went to the coast where we met Glen and Matt and their dog Hudson. We’d not met Hudson before. Morgan and Bailey were most odd; having barked and growled at every other dog they welcomed Hudson with open arms. How did they know he was family? Mind you Treacle was her usual disagreeable self to begin with, but she eventually warmed to him, and she and Hudson walked together for most of the afternoon. “My Boy TM” Cheryl and Ro-Ro joined us too, and we all walked along a very clear (if cold) coast to the chip shop and back again.
Chips aren’t cheap these days, are they?
 
We came home and I sat on the sofa, waking an hour later underneath a pile of dogs. “er indoors TM boiled up a rather good curry which we scoffed with a bottle of Sainsbury’s hock (hic!). As we scoffed we watched tonight’s episode of “Lego Masters: Australia”. When you bear in mind how long I’m taking to make this Lego pirate ship, what they do in a few hours on “Lego Masters: Australia” is rather impressive.
 
I’m feeling a bit rough… my face is glowing. Did I catch the sun this afternoon?

No comments:

Post a Comment