23 September 2020 (Wednesday) - Before the Night Shift

Apparently Sid has taken to barking in the night whenever he wants to go outside “to do what dogs do”. Apparently he does it at least twice a night. I sleep right through it.

I had a look at Facebook as I had brekkie. There had been a squabble on the local geocaching page yesterday evening. I say “squabble”, “outright personal attack” was closer to the truth. This happens quite a bit on Facebook, but the local group isn’t like most geocaching Facebook pages on which people pick fights with random strangers safe in the knowledge that they will in all likelihood never have to face the person to whom they are being hateful. The local group is mostly filled with people who all know each other and are good friends. The chap from a hundred miles away who tried to kick off has been kicked out.

If only the admin of other Facebook groups acted so decisively.  

As I shared toast crusts with dogs so "er indoors TM" fixed the dishwasher, and gave me a lecture on being gentle with the “on” button. I found that rather ironic bearing in mind who had stoved it in, but I didn’t dare say anything.

 

I got the leads on to the dogs and we drove out to the back of beyond. One of my geocaches which I had hidden out in the sticks had reports that it had gone missing. We drove for half an hour, parked up and walked three quarters of a mile to find that the thing had indeed gone missing. I replaced it, and we walked back to the car. Much as I grumble about having to do the geo-maintenance that I agreed to do, it can make for a good dog walk. The issue I have with it is that my work schedule doesn’t always allow me a couple of hours (in daylight) to do it. I will have two weeks when I have plenty of time (like now), and I will have three weeks when I do not. And then those who advocate not lifting a finger to help anyone get all impatient that the caches are missing. If only those passing by could have popped out a film pot then they could have done in two minutes that which took me two hours this morning.

But we had a good walk. We met no other dogs, we came back when called (mostly), we didn’t have the chicken that nearly came too close.

 

Once home I popped to the corner shop for a sandwich for the night shift and come pastries to scoff with a cuppa. As I scoffed pastry (with a cuppa) I wrote up CPD, then did a few geo-jigsaws. I could have carried on in the garden, but I ached somewhat.

I went to bed for the afternoon where I slept for three hours, then carried on geo-jigsaw-ing. Hopefully "er indoors TM" will boil up dinner soon. I’ve got a couple of geocaches to replace, then I’m off to the night shift.

I shall leave her to deal with the dishwasher…

 

No comments:

Post a Comment