6 April 2018 (Friday) - Rather Dull


Over brekkie I watched last night’s episode of “Still Game”; it was rather good. I then had a quick look at the Internet (as I do).
My piss boiled somewhat as I read the reply to a question I asked of the South Ashford Community Forum. I’d asked for confirmation of a rumour I’d heard. The rumours were true. To allow for the construction work involved with the expansion of the MacArthur Glen outlet centre, one of the most used roads in Ashford is to be closed for thirty-two weeks. As well as endless congestion for much of the town or the rest of the year, what was a half-mile journey to see "Daddy’s Little Angel TM" will now involve a four-mile detour.
Having read the posts from various local officials it would seem that the proper processes weren’t followed. Apparently none of the relevant councillors at Kent County Council were consulted; and this was just announced as a fait accompli.
Would any responsible official *really* agree for one of the most important roads in Ashford to be closed for so long? Did someone get a backhander to allow this rather stupid decision?
I would ask all of my loyal readers not to shop in the MacArthur Glen outlet center ever again.

As I drove to work the pundits on the radio were discussing something controversial. From here on in people will only get family credit and such benefits for a maximum of two children. I suppose the idea is that people should be able to afford to have children. Not a bad idea; it is pretty much why we didn’t have more.
It’s not a new idea though – this has been the case in China for years (only more so)
The pundits on the radio were also discussing a minor squabble in the European Union. Following Britain’s departure there are moves afoot to replace English as the standard language used. However the reality is that there isn’t any other language in which everyone is fluent.

I got to work and (against my better judgement) had a busy day. I came home to find "er indoors TM" had a better offer for the evening, so I took the hounds round the park, and then had a rather dull evening ironing shirts. In fact today has been rather dull all round…

No comments:

Post a Comment