4 April 2018 (Wednesday) - This n That

I would have slept well if not for a vivid dream about an overheating lavatory. I wonder what that was all about?
I got up and did my exercise routine again. I’m finding it a little like hard work, but it is only early days yet. Fortunately both dogs were asleep go I could get on with it. I tried a little planking yesterday evening and both thought it was a great game.

As I scoffed three hundred calories of brekkie I watched the telly. “Lee and Dean” is a rather good mockumentary about two builders. I’m looking forward to the next episode.
I then sparked up my lap-top and got wound up by the Internet. On July 3rd 2016 I was part of a twenty-four hours long geocaching event. This started with an official geo-event which took over a year to set up purely because the local geo-authorities didn’t like the idea. It was the sort of thing that happens all the time in other places, and is allowed for in the regulation. It took a *lot* of arguing to get one such event locally; finally the thing was allowed after an appeal to head office in Seattle. This morning I saw that there is a geo-event coming up not too far away which breaks several rules. Not only is it part of an already established activity, it is religious too. Both supposedly big no-nos, but that has been allowed…
Over on Facebook those who have never set foot in a local pub were bemoaning the demolition of a nearby pub which had stood derelict for years.

I went to the petrol station on the ring road to refuel. For once the grannie on the counter was without admirers and so I could get in and out quickly. As I then drove on past Sainsbury's I saw their petrol was three pence per litre more expensive. I'd saved over a quid and a half by going to the place on the ring road. But Sainsbury's is less than a minute's drive from there. How is there such a price difference? Don't people compare prices like I do? (Am I turning into my grandmother?)

As I drove up the motorway the radio was spewing its morning drivel. Today they were discussing the recent incident in Salisbury in which the Russian Sergei Skripal and his daughter Yulia were poisoned with a military-grade nerve agent. The government is facing all sorts of problems over this; having accused Russia of the attack it seems the only  evidence to blame them is circumstantial, and the Russians have got the arse.
Personally I suspect that the line the Russians are taking isn't so much "it wasn't us" as "you can't prove nuffink", but what do I know?

I got to work and my phone pinged. Three new geocaches not two miles down the road. Had I left for work ten minutes later I would have been in a position to chase a First to Find. But I didn't fancy navigating the rush hour traffic again.
An hour and a half later I had a tea break and so (with the traffic having eased) I thought I might have a little drive out but all three First to Finds had been claimed. By the same person... I would have been content with just one of them…

With work done I came home. I made good time home, and with the lighter evenings I was able to take the dogs round the park. Someone had ridden a horse through the park today; I wish they wouldn’t; Treacle just eats the horse poo.
We came back from our walk to find "er indoors TM" wrestling with the Hoover. It was totally blocked with fragments of dog toy. Half an hour with the screwdriver had the Hoover in pieces and eventually we unblocked the thing.

We watched another episode of Bake-Off whilst scoffing a rather good bit of dinner and guzzling a bottle of plonk. Not a bad way to spend the evening…

No comments:

Post a Comment