2 February 2018 (Friday) - This n That

I slept well but did wake rather earlier than I might have done. Over brekkie I had hoped to watch the new episode of "The Good Place" that Netflix had promised me would be available this morning. Netflix had lied. It didn’t become available until 5pm.
Instead I watched an episode of "Plebs" in which Stylax got jiggy with a banana and was accused of being "thracist".

Earlier in the week I mentioned that the gizmo that connects the SkyPlus box to the Internet had gone west. I came home last night to find a letter from the postman saying he'd tried to deliver the parcel but it was too big for the letterbox. The nice man at Sky had said it would fit through the letterbox. He too had lied.
I drove up to the sorting office to get the parcel before work. Bearing in mind the traffic wardens hide in the garages near the sorting office (literally hide as if playing hide and seek) to ticket cars parking on the road, I went to the car park at the nearby sports centre. It is free to park there before seven o'clock.
I must admit I went in to the sorting office expecting to get attitude from the staff, and my heart sank when I saw a notice saying they couldn't guarantee being able to actually find any parcels, but for once they were helpful, and I was in and out in seconds. Mind you if they had their computer network running then just maybe they might have been able to spell.

I drove off towards work. As I drove the pundits on the radio were discussing the Prime Minister. She's not telling anyone what she's up to in the next round of Brexit negotiations, and the sensible money would seem to have her out on her ear before very much longer.
They were also discussing the rising costs of people making claims for medical negligence against the NHS. I *hate* that phrase; it implies hospital workers are negligent. Hospital workers are *not*; but with the best will in the world, honest mistakes happen. Perhaps a little more understanding and a little less opportunism from the lawyers? The pundits on the radio mentioned that in these cases it is not uncommon for the lawyers to get more money that those who’ve brought the claim.

As I drove through Goudhurst I saw a little cafe which had a sign up saying they did breakfasts. I was tempted but kept going even though I did have a little time to spare.
So, having a little time to spare I went on a little geocaching session. I went half a mile out of my way into Lamberhurst where I made a quick find and stopped off at Bo Peep corner where I failed to find a cache the other day. I *think* I could see where it was, but there was one of the normal people lurking about.
I'll go back another day.

I got to work and had a rather busy day. There was a lot of excitement at work today. the Minister for Health was visiting the hospital today. That was probably nice for him.

Once home I plumbed in the gizmo that connects the SkyPlus box to the Internet. I can watch more “Britannia” now…

No comments:

Post a Comment