3 January 2018 (Wednesday) - Another Late Shift

After a surprisingly good sleep (with no tiddle breaks in the small hours) I got up and tried out my new razor. It did rather well, but at that price I would expect it to.
Over brekkie I had a look-see at the Internet. Not much had changed overnight. Not that it does very often, but it is always worth staying alert. It is when you stop paying attention that things happen.

I put the leads on the dogs… well, I got Fudge’s lead on. At lead time Treacle plays silly beggars and runs off. Today I wasn’t having any of it. I just took Fudge off towards the door. Treacle came running like a shot not wanting to miss out.
We went through Bowen’s Field wetland park which is now no more than a swamp. Most of it is under water. The council really needs to send out “Aspire Land Management” to build up the paths so they are above swamp level. I considered posting on the “Ashford” Facebook page, but that is little more than a fight these days. Instead I posted to the “South Ashford Community Forum”; I wonder how long it will be until the fur flies about the issue.
We went on through Viccie Park where I lost Fudge. He was fine; just several hundred yards behind us. I wish he’d keep up. It was only when we were crossing to the co-op field that I realised we’d not seen any other dogs at all today. Where had they all gone?

I came home and had a look in the back garden. The fence which is my responsibility (apparently!) stood up to the overnight storm. The fence on the side of not-so-nice-next-door needs a little attention. However for her to get to it she will need to cut back her jungle. Perhaps I might as well just fix it and be done with it.

I had a cup of coffee with a lump of Christmas cake, watched an episode of “Still Game”, and set off for another late shift. I had this vague idea to find a geocache as part of a year-long streak of finding caches. There was one in Bearsted which (according to the map) looked as though it would be a straightforward find.
It wasn't.
Having blown out there I went up the road to another one that I similarly couldn't find.  I gave up and set off in the general direction of work.
Oh well; my year-long streak lasted two days.

To commiserate this failure I stopped off in McDonalds where I had a honeycomb caramel galaxy McFlurry. Have you ever had one of these? I can heartily recommend them.
I might have another tomorrow…

No comments:

Post a Comment