27 January 2018 (Saturday) - Addington, Waggon-at-Hale

I woke at three o’clock and nipped to the loo. When I came back the dogs had made themselves very comfortable in the warm spot where I had been sleeping. I curled round them as best I could and tried to get warm again.
Over brekkie I started watching the second season of “The Good Place”; I can thoroughly recommend it. And with telly watched I sparked up my lap-top. Facebook reminded me that I still had a friend request from “Damien Von Blood”. I was a tad miffed that I wasn’t allowed to use the alias by which I have been known for forty years on there, but some wannabe vampire can call himself “Damien Von Blood” and they don’t bat an eyelid. I squealed him up to the Facebook feds.
Interestingly the feds at Facebook had a look-see and told me that there was nothing wrong with pretending to be called “Damien Von Blood”.

I then strained my brain somewhat. At seven o’clock the smart meter said we’d used one pound and one penny’s worth of power since midnight. The central heating came on, I set the dishwasher going, and an hour later we’d only used five pence more power. I wonder if the things are working properly

There was a minor (major) commotion as our house-guest arrived. The Rear Admiral was having a minor crisis and with no one else available to look after the dog, we stepped into the breach. After all, how hard can it be having a third dog for a day or so?

We got the leads on to all three dogs and went off out. As we left the house we met Mr Nice-next-door. He’s now sold his house, and the replacement neighbours take up residence in May. Here’s hoping they are rather quieter when playing “hide-the-sausage”.

We drove up the motorway and were soon in Addington. I was just about to send a message to Karl saying where we were when they pulled up behind us.
Six of us (three humans, three furry) went for a little walk. There is a series of geocaches round Addington which we thought might make a good walk. We had to tweak our route slightly as the footbridge over the motorway had collapsed a year or so ago, but we had a good walk. We found all of our targets, and after three miles we were back at the cars.

We relocated to the Medway towns  where the geo-brigade were having a meet-up in honour of Australia Day. A pint of mild and a pint of bitter and probably half a bottle of port (each) made for a rather good afternoon. In addition to the panini for lunch there were rather good prawns to scoff, some really tasty burgers, some wonderful mince pie thingies, and the most amazing ostrich sausages. My dogs *really* liked the sausages
There’s photos from the pub (and the preceding walk) on-line here.

I didn’t sleep all the way home, which was rather amazing bearing in mind how much port I’d guzzled. Once home it was rather miffed to find that he little gadget which connects the SkyPlus box to the Internet had died. I phoned the nice people at Sky; they are going to send me a new one. I didn’t realised the thing connected wirelessly. I hate wireless connections.
Even with the SkyPlus box knacked, Netflix still worked. Whilst that played, I spent the evening asleep in front of it…


No comments:

Post a Comment