22 January 2016 (Friday) - Not Breaking my Back

An odd sensation; I was pleasently dozing, drifting in and out of proper sleep (as one does) when "er indoors TM" alarm went off. At that point I suddenly realised I had the most excruciating pain in my back. Somehow I'd been ignoring it.
I heaved myself up, and over brekkie had a look-see on-line. A new geocache had gone live not far from work. Were I not on the late shift I might have chased the First to Find. But it will come in handy as a calendar filler. Other emails included other hidden tupperware; requests for caches to be archived, requests for me to finance home-made films, and ladies of dubious morals offering to sell me carnal favours. I had half a mind to ask just how much filth I would get for fifty pence, but thought better of the idea. I suspect I would get more than I bargained for.
And talking of getting more than I bargained for, a local pub is offering a belly-buster challenge. For fifteen quid you get a double bacon cheese burger, three sausages, two eggs, two bacon rashers, chips, chilli beef, half a rack of BBQ ribs, mushrooms, onion rings, garlic bread or plain baguette, and the choice of a pint draught or soft drinks. If you scoff the lot you get it for half price. "My Boy TM" is up for watching me having a go. Does anyone else fancy a trip to The Star?

I took the dogs for a walk; we met "Daddies Little Angel TM" on the way, and other than what I can only describe as a "near miss" event with a Beagle the walk passed off relatively well. We got home just as "My Boy TM" was arriving with a huge van. I helped him park it, we got the sofa out of the back of my car and into the van, and I then left everyone else loading up the van whilst I went off to work.
Ideally I would have helped "Daddies Little Angel TM" move house today but I couldn't get the leave. And I've already moved her several times over the last few months...

As I drive to work the radio was spewing some serious drivel about how women politician's careers are far more influenced by their dress sense than by their political stances. Apparently they really do get more votes for dressing smartly than for having sensible policies.
And then there was an article about a problem in Peterborough where infinity per cent of the Asian population are marrying their cousins and all sorts of (until now) rare genetic diseases are becoming more and more common. Apparently it is a cultural thing because marrying your cousin makes for a more harmonious marriage. Ironically where this is endemic in Pakistan they are well aware of the genetic problems and cousins have genetic testing and counselling before having children. Not so here in the UK though...

I got to work for the late shift. As I arrived the rain was getting heavier. Was it wrong of me to be glad that I was in the dry and not helping move house today...?



No comments:

Post a Comment