28 January 2016 (Thursday) - Jack and the Beanstalk

Finding myself falling asleep in front of the telly last night I took myself off for an early(ish) night. After a rather vivid nightmare involving a rather fraught family Christmas dinner on the East Hill lift (in Hastings) I found myself then laying awake for much of the night. I finally gave up any attempt at sleep shortly before 5.30am.
Over a spot of brekkie I combed my dog (he likes that) whilst watching the Channel Four show "Crashing". I don't know whether I like it or not, but it fills the time before work.

I had a look-see on-line; I had an email from Amazon. they gave me a promotion code allowing me a free e-book because I had recently registered a Kindle app. Apparently. I don't remember doing so, but something for nothing is always a good thing.

It was as well that I was up early today. Being a "geo-calendar day" I wanted to go find a geocache before work. Pausing only briefly to scrape all the ice from my car I set off. I had a target in mind.
Some geocaches are bigger than others. Some of the bigger ones are called "Travel Bug Hotels" and are bigger so that there is space inside them for travel bugs. (Travel Bugs are things that travel the world from cache to cache and you can follow their travels on the geo-website). According to my information there was one such Travel Bug Hotel not far from Hythe...
I don't want to sound negative but I must admit I was rather disappointed to find what I can only describe as a rather small sandwich box thrown in amongst some rubbish at the roadside. The description of the thing specified "ground level" so I can only assume it was where it was supposed to be even though there was plenty of space inside the nearby (less than two feet away) crash barrier.
And I was also a tad miffed to find that two of the three travel bugs I'd brought along were too big to fit inside it.

Still, on the plus side I arrived at work to find that having detoured down the motorway I'd managed to miss the serious hold-ups which had blocked my usual route to work.
Once at work I did what I couldn't avoid doing. Over lunch I spent a little while working on tomorrow's presentation for the astronomy club. Despite quite a bit of effort this presentation isn't going to last more than ten minutes. Mind you I suppose that if it went on any longer the punters would only fall asleep.
I also phoned the vet and made an appointment for "Furry Face TM" . His booster against kennel cough is due. I want him to be vaccinated; I doubt he will appreciate that it is for the best. People rarely do when having needles rammed up their khybers.

Once home from work (and with dog walked) we went up the road where the local am-dram group were putting on a pantomime. I've been meaning to get along to this for years. It was a really good show - I cheered the heroes, I booed the villains. I laughed nearly all the way through. But the funniest bit must have been when my seat snapped half way through the second act.
Mind you I was a tad miffed to find the dame was being played by a woman. It should be a bloke in drag. I wonder if they are open to volunteers...


No comments:

Post a Comment