26 July 2015 (Sunday) - Rainy Day

I woke at 4am feeling like death warmed up. I got up and had a tiddle, and looked at a little dog who seemed to be incredibly sheepish. Then I saw why he was incredibly sheepish. He'd obviouisly scrounged too much barbecue meat yesterday. I cleaed up his little mess and went back to bed. I slept through till 8am when I had a surprisingly lonely brekkie with everyone else still asleep. I set the dishwasher doing its thing and bearing in mind the weather forecast said that the wonderful sunshine would only last for a couple more hours I went out to clear the aftermath that was the back garden.
I soon got the chairs away and set the dishwasher chewing the grime off of its second load. After a while Fudge and Sid came out to see what was going on, and everyone else got up just as the rain started.

It wasn't long before we were driving the Folkestonians home; we took a rather circuitous route via Bilsington so as to avoid the motorway chaos. (There's an on-line petition about the thing that everyone should sign). We had a cuppa and "er indoors TM" played with littlun whilst I dozed on the sofa until it was his nap time and our home time.
We had cancelled a geo-walk today because of the rain, so on the way home we stopped off for a crafty geocache, and having done the secret "found it" dance we came home to carry on feeding stuff into the dishwasher.

After a hot-dog lunch (we'll be having a few of those over the next few days) I took "Furry Face TM" for a little walk. A spot of geo-maintenance, then we walked past the park. We couldn't go in the park; it was fenced off for Ashford's "Create" festival. Every year the council spends about ten thousand pounds of our council tax money on putting on an open air music festival. It's surprisingly popular. Mind you I'm put off attending by the need for a compulsory body search performed on all attendees by hired thugs masquerading as security operatives. Is it *really* necessary to body-search young families? And it it is, is this the sort of event we want in our park?
Mind you I think we at the astro club here have missed an opportunity. The "Create" festival would have been the ideal place for us to have put on a stall to advertise the club.

Our walk took us about twenty minutes; we both came home soaking wet. I put a load in the washing machine and fell asleep in front of the telly. A night shift followed by a day's heavy drinking had taken their toll. I then spent much of the rest of the day sitting quietly in front of the telly whist the washing machine and dishwasher both did their things.
My little dog also spent the rest of the day sitting quietly too. Perhaps the excitement of yesterday was a bit much for him, or perhaps he is a little under the weather.


No comments:

Post a Comment