20 July 2015 (Monday) - After the Night Shift

After the night shift I listened to the radio as I drove home. The Home Secretary was being interviewed on the radio. Much as it pains me to say so, she seemed to be talking sense. She was discussing dealing with terrorism arising from the UK's home-grown malcontents and how the government was proposing legislation to deal with it. However her whole point of view was hampered by the fact that those who would blow up the nation would seem to have the legal right to peddle their hateful views.
Whilst I'm not advocating a wholesale totalitarian police state, should every fool really have the legal right to do whatever the *F!* they want with no regard to society at large?

Once home I popped the lead onto "Furry Face TM" and we went for a little walk. I'd been told that one of my geocaches needed a little TLC so we took a little stroll down to Kingsnorth to sort out the errant film pot. As we left home the morning looked dismal; as we walked so it started raining quite heavily. I took a chance and kept going and after a while the rain eased up.
We soon got to the site of "Sidney's P-Mail" and I eventually found the cache. It wasn't where I originally hid it. and it wasn't the cache I'd originally hidden either. I replaced the thing with a whole new cache and we carried on with our walk. I had intended to carry on along one of our usual walks, but chest high wet crops put me off the idea. Instead we took a rather circuitous diversion and came home via Singleton Lake and the park.
There was a rather interesting sight as we came though the park; Fifteen (or so) skin-tight lycra clad young mothers were jogging en-masse; each one with a small child in a push chair. I smiled sweetly at them as they all happily bounced past.

Once home I gave my little dog a bath; he'd got rather grubby. Letting him swim in the lake had rather attracted the pond scum.
I had a vague plan to go up the KFC for lunch but I found a pack of cheese scones in the kitchen which were three days past their sell-by date. I gave them a minute in the microwave and scoffed them as I watched last night's episode of "The Last Ship" which I had recorded onto the SkyPlus box.
Feeling a little bit tired I thought I'd have a little lie down. I took myself off to bed and woke five hours later...

No comments:

Post a Comment