6 July 2015 (Monday) - This n That


I slept like a log last night. Over brekkie I checked out social media and emails and saw that not a lot was going on in cyberspace.
With brekkie scoffed I took "Furry Face TM" for a little walk round the park. We were out rather earlier than usual, and didn't meet many other dogs (which was probably for the best). I took a ball and ball-thrower with us today. We've tried playing with those before; it was never really a success in the past. Today's go wasn't really a success either. I threw the ball, my dog chased after it and ran past it leaving it for me to collect twice. On the third attempt he picked up the ball and wouldn't give it back.
As we walked I couldn't help but notice the mess that was Viccie Park. Normally a really good place to be, over the weekend some hooligans had emptied every bin and scattered litter everywhere. Why do people do that?

We were back home shortly after 8am, and I pootled about doing some dull chores. My phone beeped; a new geocache not a million miles from work. Had things been diffferent today I would have chased an First to Find. But I had other things to do today so instead I watched "Upstairs Downstairs" on the ITV Encore channel until it was time to go to the dentist.
I say "dentist"; my appointment was actually with the dental hygienist. I didn't have to wait long, and soon the nice lady spent half an hour scraping round the inside of my gob. She then announced my cake-muncher was in excellent condition.
Judging by the amount of blood I then spat down the mouth-rinsing plug-hole I wasn't so sure. She assured me that copious amounts of blood was a good sign. I suppose she knows what she's talking about. Blood always seems more when it is mine.

And so to work. As I drove there was a documentary on the radio about how in the olden days test match cricketers would sail to Australia (presumably they fly these days?) It was rather dull, and didn't really grip my attention. And when they wheeled on the cricketers who made the voyages (now in their nineties) I turned off.
Even though I was running late I popped into Morrisons for some lunch. I also got a five litre can of "Hobgoblin". Five litres in one tin; would you believe it? That will take some necking.

I could have deployed a Munzee. I had one in my pocket, and a location in place. But I was already late for work so I hurried in and did my thing until home time. (I do that, you know)
I could have deployed the Munzee on the way home; I didn't. Instead I went home to my telly. Once Monday was an excellent telly night with both "Game of Thrones" and "Gotham". It's not what it once was. Mind you this evening I watched the first episode of the new series of "The Last Ship" and then the first Star Trek film. Not all bad...

And in closing today did you know that today is International Kissing Day? TIme for a firm moral stance perhaps?

No comments:

Post a Comment