24 November 2020 (Tuesday) - Before the Night Shift

What could have been a very good night’s sleep was somewhat marred by one of the dogs kicking me in the goolies in the small hours. Something like that makes you sit up and taken notice (both metaphorically and literally).
Bearing in mind how well yesterday’s early walk went I thought I might try it again. We left home a few minutes before sunrise and again had a good walk round Orlestone Woods. The Terrible Twins chased each other and chased squirrels up trees, Fudge straggled as he does. We were only two minutes from the end when we met anyone. When we walked toward where the path does a hairpin bend I could hear the little old lady with the poodle and the Jack Russell telling her dogs to come back. As we came round the corner she exclaimed “Oh – it’s you” and let her dogs off their leads. She too has met the normal people who occasionally can infest the woods and doesn’t want to take chances

As we got back to the car park we met another dog walker of our acquaintance who was clearing up the McLitter that gets thrown around. And we saw the “odd chap” who was still there in his car. I say “odd chap”; he is probably a pleasant enough person. But when we have our early walks we often get there to find him sitting in his car in the car park (with engine off and headlights on), and with walk walked we come back to find him still there. I wonder why.

 

As we drove home there was some utter drivel on the radio about how snooker players have got the hump. It would seem that efforts to have snooker classified as a “sport” have failed because it isn’t.


Once home I made some toast and peered into the Internet. As always squabbles abounded. Many so-called Doctor Who fans were still complaining about Jodie Whittaker playing the lead part in the show. Personally I’m not impressed with her, but I think I’ve not been impressed with many of the people in the lead role since Colin Baker was sacked in 1986. Sci-fi fans are a funny lot – so quick to complain about that which they profess to love. And they were certainly complaining about the show today. The forthcoming Christmas special has already been dismissed out of hand by many fane even though the show won’t be aired for another month.

There was some rather impressive nastiness on the Lego Facebook pages as some chap (clearly posting under a fake name) was getting rather over-excited and nasty about some video or other in which a Lego car was crashed, and had attracted quite a lot of bad feeling and hatred to himself.  I would have thought that the joy of Lego cars is that you *can* do a “demolition derby” without damaging the Lego. Personally I’m rather more miffed at Facebook’s continuing to allow people to use aliases when I’m not allowed to do so myself.

Someone else was whinging about their Lego delivery. Using some app or other they were able to track the delivery driver. When this person posted their whinge the delivery driver had already driven past their house three times, was only on his thirty-eighth delivery, and their delivery was number one hundred and forty.

 

I wrote up a little CPD then had a look at the monthly accounts. As always I’m not doing that badly really. But (also) as always a *lot* more money would be useful; particularly as it looks like the bathroom roof is going to need a serious overhaul before too much longer.

 

I went to bed for the afternoon where I slept for three hours. Just after I woke "Daddy’s Little Angel TM" phoned. She’s planning to make a fire pit. I can’t see that one ending well.

Hopefully "er indoors TM" will boil up some dinner soon, then I’m off to the night shift.

No comments:

Post a Comment