22 September 2018 (Saturday) - Dahn to Margit


 Finding myself wide awake at three o’clock I got up and over a rather early brekkie watched an episode of “The Job Lot” in which the actress who plays the obnoxious jobsworth also played another character; an equally pedantic jobseeker. The interplay between the two (both played by the same actress) was rather well done. It is amazing how well some people can act. I rather detest the jobsworth character, but it is clearly just a part that is being played.
I then had a look-see outside the house to see if I could move my car from the restricted parking up the road. There was a space. As I went to get my car I was again amazed at just how ineffectual the street lighting now is.

I went back to bed and dozed for a few hours until "er indoors TM" alarm went off. I got up and drafted another letter of complaint to the council. They last time I whinged about how the ineffective street lighting I was told that my complaint had been referred to the appropriate councillor. I’ve contacted the appropriate councillor directly. Will it achieve anything? At the moment the street lighting is just a waste of money; it clearly is burning electricity which must cost, but isn’t lighting anything up.

"er indoors TM" set off to the garage. I loaded the ladder and the hounds into my car and followed. Leaving the "er indoors TM"-mobile for servicing we all then drove out to Margate to visit "Daddy’s Little Angel TM" and her crew. We arrived and once all four dogs had run riot we were soon put to work. The ladder was needed for decorating, but before decorating could be done, the old wallpaper had to be removed. Removing wallpaper is something that I can do, so I got busy. As we decorated one of the dogs pooped (prime suspect – Pogo) and one tiddled (prime suspect – Treacle). I had a crafty fart when I thought no one was listening, but "Stormageddon - Bringer of Destruction TM" heard me. Rather than giggling (like I would) he told me in all seriousness that if I had to force it, it was probably going to be a poo.
Before any of my loyal readers have any ideas, I have already sent this sage advice to Viz magazine. If anyone’s getting to steal someone else’s idea, it’s going to be me.

After a few hours all the wallpaper was stripped, "er indoors TM" had hoovered, and "Daddy’s Little Angel TM" had had a little kip. Pausing only briefly for "Stormageddon - Bringer of Destruction TM" to destroy a venetian blind we walked up the road to the Best Westbrook café. I’ve had the full English breakfast a few times here, and I’ve looked at the dinners that others have eaten with some envy. Two o’clock in the afternoon is a tad late for a breakfast… or is it? I went for the “liver breakfast”. Liver, bacon, onions, mushrooms, chips… it was lovely.

With dinner scoffed we said our goodbyes and drove home through the rather heavy rain. I dropped "er indoors TM" off to collect her car and took the dogs home. Treacle wouldn’t settle until "er indoors TM" came home.
"er indoors TM" then set off. Her and much of the women of the family (and a few of the blokes) were doing the “Night to Shine” sponsored walk, despite the rain. I stayed home and ironed shirts.
As I ironed the door bell rang. New-next-door invited me round for drinks. I would have gone but didn’t want to leave Treacle. She hadn’t eaten her tea, and she spent the evening laying in Fudge’s basket looking rather sorry for herself. She looked a little bloated, and her stomach has been gurgling rather noisily. If she is still iffy in the morning we’ll go see the vet…

And in closing it was rather ironic that we’d been “dahn to Margit”; Chas (from Chas and Dave) died today…

No comments:

Post a Comment